Canada Canadian Authority

youngsamuel

Seasoned Expediter
Can anyone tell me what is required for a carrier to enter Canada? I know there are bar codes to obtain but that is about it. I am not sure if a bond is needed or not, I have heard several conflicting answers. Half of those I talk with say it is a nightmare and others say no big deal. I have tried contacting canadian authorities and I can't seem to find the right person with the right answer. Can anyone tell me who to contact or what I need? Thanks for the help

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can anyone tell me what is required for a carrier to enter Canada? I know there are bar codes to obtain but that is about it. I am not sure if a bond is needed or not, I have heard several conflicting answers. Half of those I talk with say it is a nightmare and others say no big deal. I have tried contacting canadian authorities and I can't seem to find the right person with the right answer. Can anyone tell me who to contact or what I need? Thanks for the help

When you enter Canada go to the office and ask for an application for a Canada Cargo Control number...this gives you that authority and a bar code to have pars labels printed at your cost. Most are pleasant to deal with.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Are you a 'carrier'?
And where will you be travelling to while in Canada, ie which province(s)?

youngsamuel

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, I am a carrier with U.S authority. I would like to run in all provinces. I have Ontario privilege, however they told me that I would need more at the federal level. Ontario sent me that little yellow card.