Canada CANADA.....for the last time?

Rob A

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
My posting on the original Canada thread was in support of Jim Bunting and his spirited defense of his (and my) country.
I have been reading this site for over a year and have seen how much thought and effort Jim has put into it. It upset me then to see everyone else,other than Wild Bill, jump all over him, loose respect(CJ) and tell him not to darken your wonderful country(EH).
Jim makes valid points in the way you Americans treat Canada and Canadians. Many of the more recent postings shouldn't even been dignified with a reply.
I wonder if many of you Americans don't remember a time about twenty-five years ago, when you were quick to make spirited defenses of your country
" America, Love it or Leave it"
I will close by saying that I read Jim's posting with total agreement and only wish there were more Canadians who will stand up and be counted.
Thank you

elmerswabit

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The original comment was made in regards to a request for information on transit to and from Canada in a commercial vechile and had nothing to do with pride in a nation.We Americans think the world of our friends to the north and would only slight you in fun.However,jim for some reason turned a simple question for help into a political statement about Canada and the lack of our knowledge in the history of Canada and the would in general.Plus,jim implied that all Americans are stupid and insenitive to other counties other than for explotation.Always remember cousin we are your best friend in war and bussiness.

G

I am the guy who started this Canada thing. I reaaly just wanted a few helpful hints on how the dot worked, and anything else that might be helpful.
I did confuse the province, which pissed Jim off, which I apoligize for. I had a great trip, and came home with a great respect for the country and the people.
I thought Jim was too hard on the USA, and seemed quite bitter about it. I think Toadgirl is an idiot like the people on the CB who just try to get everyone going.

Ncountry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
One thing i do recognize in all of this, is how Troadgirl has hit the nail on the head. Fine job young lady. I am very impressed with your comments. Your flair for the consice and desciptive nature of things is well received here in Manitoba. It is with great disdain that even the mustang gal, that made her way to the eastern part of Canada, can not see the sight in your correct depiction of our very diverse and divided country. As for the Maple Leaf waver in Jim. Get a life hokey! That Troadgirl has more witt and educational prowess to mangle any of your remarks. She speaks the truth. If you can't see it, then you are as blind as the devisive rot that rules our land in Ottawa. Hey Yanks, you sure are welcome up this way, and don't be afraid to speak your mind. That's what we like about your country and peoples. We still do it here from time to time. Some with more backbone and solid ground under our feet than others.

Ncountry

(p.s. keep up the good prose and hard work thoughts Troadgirl and Quincy C and the other good Yanks)

Jim

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Wabbit: I am the infamous Jim Bunting, and here is my reply to you. Mustang has had a real turn around since he travelled "deep" into Canada, and he is, I believe, a changed man. A man who has seen the wild coast of Newfoundland, and travelled on the ocean, on a ferry, to get there.

As for your inflated boast about the USA being our "friend" in business? Tell me about all the times your country has had to be dragged to the negotiating table to settle cross-border trade problems. There is a permanent committe, that does nothing but settle these disputes, and it's nearly allways the US that starts the B.S. about unfair practices.

Lastly. We simply want the same respect that you expect, from us. Nothing more, or less. Respect our laws, and our traditions, and don't expect us to be subservient to your view of the world. We have our own way of life, and point of view, and sometimes, we laugh at our selves. You might try that idea, yourself..... Jim Bunting..

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-20-00 AT 10:07AM (GMT)[/font][p]http://www.expeditersonline.com/dcforum/User_files/38f6ab916b891a19.jpg
Lawrence McCord

Hello NCountry,

What part of Manitoba are you from? Have relatives in Whip-an-Egg (Winnipeg):D

Thanks,
Lawrence McCord
Expediters Online.Com

PS.
Ncountry, My sister sent me this, enjoy.

========================================

OK, ok, so we all know the I am Canadian beer ad.

But have you heard the I am Manitoban rant?

Patriotic ex-Winnipeggers are hurtling it across the country via
e-mail, and nobody knows, yet, who
the author is. Any readers want to take a bow, let me know. In the
meantime, get on your feet, put
your hand over your heart, and repeat after me:

I am Manitoban

I'm not a farmer, a gang member or an arsonist.

I don't live in a sod hut,

I don't eat Red River cereal every day for breakfast.

That's a block heater cable, not an electric car.

As it happens, I do know Tom, ##### and Sally from Winnipeg. Tom is my
cousin. Sally dated several
friends of mine.

It's a jambuster, not a jelly doughnut. A nip, not a hamburger.

When you step in a freezing puddle in spring, it's a booter, not a
soaker

It's pronounced Por-tij and Main, not Por-taj and Main.

I can proudly say that Winnipeg is where the Bronfmans started
bootlegging, where Bob Hope first
learned to golf, and where there is the highest per-capita Slurpee
consumption on the planet.

Winnipeg IS the centre of the country, and the centre of North America,
at least when you look at it
geographically.

YES it's COLD but it's a DRY cold

And the mosquito, not the spotted owl, should be our provincial bird.

Manitoba is the ONLY place you can get a decent burger anywhere, a
surprisingly cosmopolitan place with a vibrant cultural scene, and
despite the humiliating departure of our hockey franchise, the BEST part of Canada.

My name is Joe.

AND I AM MANITOBAN!