Can you get into Expediting without being O/O?

G

Hello,I'm thinking about driving and I'm not sure whether I'm going to driving school for class A CDL.Is it feasible to drive D unit,and not be O/O? Can you make any decent money at it? Also a question what are B and C units? Thanks for your HELP!!! Tarheel

G

Tarheel,,yes u can many owners have small fleets in where they employ their own drivers with the vehicle being leased to one of the expediting companies. This web site would be a good place to advise of your interest. You do need a class b cdl with a haz/mat endorsement in order to drive a d unit. A C unit is a sraight truck usually with a 5000lb capacity and a 12-14 ft box. A B ubit is a 1 ton van..Driving for someone else is a good way for you to see if you would like this lifestyle before you make a investment of your own,,Good luck.

G

Hello Tarheel,

Yes, you can get into expediting without buying your own truck. We suggest that you take a look at all the Fleet Owners who have posted classifieds in our Free Classified Section. They all offer different types of packages.

We also recommend that you post a Free Classified with your qualifications. They will be knocking on your e-mail box - guaranteed.

Lawrence McCord
On Time Media Network

G

Thanks Rich and Lawrence,for your replies.I will view the classifieds and look it over.I have some straight truck experience,just never had to have a Class B license.At the moment I am driving a Ford cube van 14 ft., I guess that would be a C unit(licensed for 13,000 lbs.) Thanks again Tarheel

G

Yes you can drive for an owner operater. you probably will not get rich. B units are cargo vans C units are basicly cube vans. Good luck.