Can someone point me in the right direction?

occifer_deas

Seasoned Expediter
Hey guys, I am looking into starting an auto hauling business with my friend. We are looking at getting a pair of 1 ton pick ups and a pair of 3 or 4 car haulers. Can anyone tell me where to start? I know I need a DOT # and a CDL. Insurance and a pull. Is there any thing that you can share with me on how to make this thought a reality? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Tired of doing it my boss' way and I want to start a business that will help me and my family.
Thanks in advance for any feed back and I look foreward to reading it.

Daniel

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

Processing Department858-259-6084 Ext. 804Fax 858-259-6084 attention Colleen

try centeral dispatch I guess they have alot of cars to be moved
you will need insurance and authority but they do give you a free 30 day pass

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
A 1 ton with a 3 or 4 car trailer is begging to be stopped by the DOT . You will definately have to have a Class A CDL and register the truck over 26,000 lbs. and register with IFTA . Don't plan on sleeping in the truck . No crewcab pickup can meet the required dimensions for a DOT approved sleeper . Most experienced 3 and 4 car haulers have Medium Duty trucks , mainly Freightliner MB or FL70 . The rear seat of a Freightliner can be configured as a legal sleeper .

MSinger

Expert Expediter
Whoops,disregard last,hit the wrong button.
Try this website www.hotshothauling.com. It is more geared to your intended career.

2002 GMC Savana 3500 DRW 15' cube 10,000 GVWR "Old Yeller"
former Penske truck