Can anyone tell me the good and bad about Nations Express.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
Thinking about putting some Trks over at Nations haven't been able to catch a driver and chat with them. Any info greatly appreciated.

guido4475

Not a Member
Re: Can anyone tell me the goods and bads about Nations Express.

My experewith them is recruiting will say anything to you to get you there. They will leave you out to rot and won't care one bit.just my personal experience with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter

The guy that bought a truck off me 2 years ago went there as a team in a D.

After a few months he quit Nations and expediting.

It may depend on your equipment.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

They have a crazy payment plan, take a good look at it.

sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter

After the goos look, take a good look too.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter

Thanks for the info they are suppose to get with me next week.

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter

hey fatboy, PM when you get this, I would like to talk to you about your trucks.

mpeak68

Rookie Expediter

Thinking about putting some Trks over at Nations haven't been able to catch a driver and chat with them. Any info greatly appreciated.

Hi,
I can give you lots of info as I am currently there. Please email me,
pm or however.

Michael
850 304 4767
[email protected]

mpeak68

Rookie Expediter

Since nations is the subject, I was also curious about Load 1- always heard good things about them if someone could share please

Thanks

Nations

Rookie Expediter

As for the good and bad of Nations Express I should know as I am the Director of Recruiting and Safety. As for the good, we have changed the pay cycle to a weekly format. Whatever you run Sunday at 1200 AM to Saturday at 1159 PM you will be paid the following Friday. We are now in the process of matching the fuel used with the load that is was purchased on. The best thing about that is since the load and the fuel are matched up you don't get hit for the fuel without the load payment. Nations now has a "Driver Advocate" our advocates job is to watch for trucks not moving and remind dispatch to find a load or to relocate the driver to a better area. We now have a discount tire program with a national dealer. I will freely admit that in the past the company culture has been more focused on the customer and not so much for the driver, but that has changed in the last 2 months. We are dedicated to getting the driver what they need to be successful. We are open to the drivers ideas and respond. As for the bad I am not going to say there are none. In expediting there is some down time. But we are determined to not let a truck sit in any location for more than 24 hours. We now require load information when a driver purchases fuel. This is more of a safe guard for the driver incase the driver would lose or misplace a fuel card. We are working to cut our orientation time down to one day from two. We still use the People Net System but are looking to replace the system with a better communications for the drivers. We have a new Cooperate Controller that is working every day to make the settlement process much easier than ever before. I have been with the company since April and I have given the recruiters strict instruction to give the driver the facts and not to make promises that operations can't keep. Every trucking company is not going to fit every driver. But we will do our best to make you, the driver successful. Thanks Chris Patton Director of Recruiting and Safety 704-423-9911

guido4475

Not a Member

As for the good and bad of Nations Express I should know as I am the Director of Recruiting and Safety. As for the good, we have changed the pay cycle to a weekly format. Whatever you run Sunday at 1200 AM to Saturday at 1159 PM you will be paid the following Friday. We are now in the process of matching the fuel used with the load that is was purchased on. The best thing about that is since the load and the fuel are matched up you don't get hit for the fuel without the load payment. Nations now has a "Driver Advocate" our advocates job is to watch for trucks not moving and remind dispatch to find a load or to relocate the driver to a better area. We now have a discount tire program with a national dealer. I will freely admit that in the past the company culture has been more focused on the customer and not so much for the driver, but that has changed in the last 2 months. We are dedicated to getting the driver what they need to be successful. We are open to the drivers ideas and respond. As for the bad I am not going to say there are none. In expediting there is some down time. But we are determined to not let a truck sit in any location for more than 24 hours. We now require load information when a driver purchases fuel. This is more of a safe guard for the driver incase the driver would lose or misplace a fuel card. We are working to cut our orientation time down to one day from two. We still use the People Net System but are looking to replace the system with a better communications for the drivers. We have a new Cooperate Controller that is working every day to make the settlement process much easier than ever before. I have been with the company since April and I have given the recruiters strict instruction to give the driver the facts and not to make promises that operations can't keep. Every trucking company is not going to fit every driver. But we will do our best to make you, the driver successful. Thanks Chris Patton Director of Recruiting and Safety 704-423-9911

What happens when the driver needs fuel, but is not under a load?....Is the driver only allowed to get fuel while under a load?..

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Since nations is the subject, I was also curious about Load 1- always heard good things about them if someone could share please

Thanks

I hear they are a pretty good outfit. :D

I am sure you can do a search on here and read a lot about our company. Or PM any of the members in our forum. I am sure they would be happy to share their experience. I always think it is best to get info driver to driver.

Nations3

Rookie Expediter

What happens when the driver needs fuel, but is not under a load?....Is the driver only allowed to get fuel while under a load?..
The driver has the ability to use the previous loads information for fuel.

noneya

Active Expediter

What kind of crap is that?!?:confused:

SENT FROM YA MAMA'S HOUSE

guido4475

Not a Member

What kind of crap is that?!?:confused:

I wouldn't call it crap, exactly, but a simple question.

noneya

Active Expediter

I wouldn't call it crap, exactly, but a simple question.

I wasn't saying that his question is crappy. I was referring to the not being able to gas up while not under a load part.

Nations

Rookie Expediter

The driver uses their last dispatch number to purchase fuel. If the driver is deadheading to the next load they will already have the dispatch number. We are an open book, the only "crap" question is the one not asked.

Last edited:

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Regardless of who you go with, research them THOROUGHLY.

Just because a company had major financial issues 5-8 years ago, may not mean that they do now. But, of course, the opposite could also be true.

But don't stop researching a driving position with them until you speak with ENOUGH drivers performing the same position you are interested in.