C & M Transport

Rob1982

Seasoned Expediter
So Im doing a quick edit. I had the orginal post in the wrong section. And instead of makin a mod move it im just re-editing this.

My name is Rob, Im sure you could kind of guess that. Im 29 and hopefully Ill be driving soon. I have a oreination scheduled for C&M Transport out of Painsville ohio on July 20th. So far I've only read one bad thing about them. But hopefully i'll be joining ya'll out on the open road soon.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: A rewelcome of myself.

So Im doing a quick edit. I had the orginal post in the wrong section. And instead of makin a mod move it im just re-editing this.

My name is Rob, Im sure you could kind of guess that. Im 29 and hopefully Ill be driving soon. I have a oreination scheduled for C&M Transport out of Painsville ohio on July 20th. So far I've only read one bad thing about them. But hopefully i'll be joining ya'll out on the open road soon.

Welcome Rob..
Actually your other thread belongs right where it is....ya did good.....:D

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Re: A rewelcome of myself.

I think you'll enjoy working with C & M. Good people all around in the office. I'm sure you'll hear from a number of people who are with them now or have been in the past.

Rob1982

Seasoned Expediter
Oh haha well thanks van man! I wasn't sure so I tried to make things easy for ya lol.

And I think ill like C&M to. I was talking to someone on a trucking forum and they said that C&M was a joke. Didn't really elebarte on it to much but that was a year ago and thats the first negitive thing ive heard. I think the fleet owner I'll be runnin for will be a good fit. He seams outright and honest, and if I ask him a question and he don't know whats going on he usually calls the office and gets right back with me so hopefully all goes good for my first time round. Im getting a little more nervous as each day passes lol.

And Jefferson thats good to hear I like knowing a place has nice office people specially when im getting into something that ive never done before :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Rob: one of the most important things to remember is not to pay attention to people who complain, but use vague terms instead of credible [and checkable] reasons.
For what it's worth, in the 8 yrs I've been here, I've heard nothing bad about them. And the one time I backed to their dock [a rescue], it looked like a pretty nice place.
Go to orientation with the attitude that it's a good place to be. :)

Rob1982

Seasoned Expediter
Yeah I plan on goin with a good attitude. Specially being ive only heard the one small bad thing about C&M and ive done some research and that was the only bad thing. Ive learned one thing... if the general conscenous says something, 9 out of 10 times their right, and thats pretty much the rate im seeing the good and the bad with C&M 9 good things to one bad thing. Like its been said before I know no company is perfect, and this isn't going to be a cake walk. Specially being Im so green to it. But im at that point in life to where I want to be challenged with something.

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
Hey Rob, you made a great choice. I drove for two owners signed on with C&M, and they ( C&M) are very professional, always pay on time, and and will keep you busy.

zack100

Active Expediter
My name is Rob, Im sure you could kind of guess that. Im 29 and hopefully Ill be driving soon. I have a oreination scheduled for C&M Transport out of Painsville ohio on July 20th. So far I've only read one bad thing about them. But hopefully i'll be joining ya'll out on the open road soon.[/QUOTE]

Had the pleasure of meeting Rob1982 at the Pilot near Sturbridge, MA. He's a decent guy and a good conversationalist (a BIG plus for a weekend layover) :cool: