C-5 Expediting

Rich Laxton

Active Expediter
Researching
Wondering if anyone here has experience with C-5 Expediting out of Wisconsin Rapids, WI? I am looking at getting into Expediting and this company wants to hire me as an independent contractor. Retired Law Enforcement here looking for a change of pace.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wondering if anyone here has experience with C-5 Expediting out of Wisconsin Rapids, WI? I am looking at getting into Expediting and this company wants to hire me as an independent contractor. Retired Law Enforcement here looking for a change of pace.
I am guessing you will be driving 1 of their Yellow Penske cubes vans ... poor gas mileage ... unable to LEGALLY carry more than 2000 lbs of freight if GVW is 10,000 lbs.. if over 10,001 lbs GVW you will need logbook training .. just a heads up

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
By morning someone will probably do a little research and offer some opinions.
They'll also ask your vehicle or theirs ? Vehicle specs.
Compensation offered. Do you know anybody there now.
Have they described their Frt or lanes ?

Rich Laxton

Active Expediter
Researching
I don't know a lot about the company other than it would be a 14-16 ft straight truck with sleeper. All fuel paid and 27% of what the load is. They want me to come into look over the contract.

Rich Laxton

Active Expediter
Researching
OK, after finding and going over my notes, here is what I found:
*I would be hired as an Independent Contractor.
* Training is 4-6 hours and they go over your truck, log book and the apps you need on your phone.
* Pay would be 27% of what the load charge is. Paid weekly.
*Truck is a GMC Penske 14-16ft with sleeper.
*They also have Profit Sharing.
*After 90 Days - $500 Bonus.
*Out 12-14 days / Home 2 days and then back out or Out 3 weeks/ Home 10 days.
Does this all sound like a good deal?
Another question: Do all Independent Contractors have to find their own Health Insurance?

Thanks to all who respond. Being I am thinking of this, I do appreciate any and all comments.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK, after finding and going over my notes, here is what I found:
*I would be hired as an Independent Contractor.
* Training is 4-6 hours and they go over your truck, log book and the apps you need on your phone.
* Pay would be 27% of what the load charge is. Paid weekly.
*Truck is a GMC Penske 14-16ft with sleeper.
*They also have Profit Sharing.
*After 90 Days - $500 Bonus.
*Out 12-14 days / Home 2 days and then back out or Out 3 weeks/ Home 10 days.
Does this all sound like a good deal?
Another question: Do all Independent Contractors have to find their own Health Insurance?

Thanks to all who respond. Being I am thinking of this, I do appreciate any and all comments.
Will you be running solo?

27% seems mighty low. I would have a hard time scrapping by at 40%.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You can't say 27% is bad unless you know 27% of what.
In house freight ? Generous package overall
?

If it's 27% of " the norm" it may tend to be on the low side.

He earlier said all fuel paid. Should recheck to see if all fuel paid OR all FUEL SURCHARGE paid, which is more common.

Reactions: Grizzly

SpeedExpo8

Active Expediter
I looked over C5’s Facebook and Web site, Seem like a decent small carrier. I would definitely try to get an agreement at 30-35% before you move forward. Be safe out there and I wish you the best. #PreciseExpedite

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I looked over C5’s Facebook and Web site, Seem like a decent small carrier. I would definitely try to get an agreement at 30-35% before you move forward. Be safe out there and I wish you the best. #PreciseExpedite

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Standard percentage is 40% with them buying fuel and 60% + FSC to you buying all of the fuel. I wouldn’t go any lower than 40%. As was said earlier 27% of how much per mile.

Reactions: Grizzly