by-pass oil filter on Sprinter 07

bill98

Seasoned Expediter
Has any one but a by-pass oil filter on a 07 or up Sprinter?

I just bought a Frantz system to put on mine looking at saving about 100.00 a month by not doing oil changes

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has any one but a by-pass oil filter on a 07 or up Sprinter?

I just bought a Frantz system to put on mine looking at saving about 100.00 a month by not doing oil changes

each and every month? considering it takes about 13-15,000 odometer miles to = 10,000 maint.assyst miles....I have to change oil at 6-8 week intervals....

bill98

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks Moose

that was a 06 looking for a 07 where intake is coming from my dodge mechanic does not know if enough room from oil sending unit may go off turbo going to return oil threw swivel in oil cap

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
The 07 assyst is a miles counter. Our assyst only helps get us to 10,000 miles.

Bill, I want to use a Spinner II, but finding a good drain point is equally hard, since it has to be one inch diameter and unrestricted. Don't know about the requirements for Frantz.

eb

bill98

Seasoned Expediter
I am going to drill threw oil cap and but swivel fitting there for return and to pull my oil samples

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
That's an interesting idea, Bill. I don't remember if the exit had to be below the filter, but the spinner II is small enough that maybe it could mount directly to the filler cap. I'll have to look at it again. Are you talking about taking oil going to the turbo?

Greg, the spinner requires one inch unobtructed, so I wasn't ready to cut into the pan.

bill98

Seasoned Expediter
yes that is what the mechanic at the dealer is thinking tanking off or near turbo leaving that up to him I'm mounting and doing return to save a few bucks

don't know about spinner but my return line does not have to be lower than filter