BUYING A TRUCK

G

WHERE DO YOU GET THE NONEY TO BUY A EXPEDITING TRUCK? IT SEEMS TO ME THAT GETTING A LOAN FOR A $65,OOO TRUCK WOULD BE HARD TO GET FOR THE AVERAGE
WORKING STIFF.HOW MUCH MONEY DOWN ?

G

It is not that hard. The truck represents good security to the
lender so a down payment of only about 10% or less is usually
required. Housworth Trucking @ Leasing has recently been appointed as the Ourside Sales Agency for Middle Georgia Freightliner. We
will be glad to assist you with your needs and get you in your
truck at the best possible price. We spealize in Expedite
Trucks Only. Geive me a call. Ed Housworth at 800 972-7593
anytime.

G

Be aware of what type credit you have...Ie Type A B C etc. and always look for the best interest rate...Most dealers will go with the what I call "dictators" and your points will be higher. When getting financed go 3 points above prime at a MAX, keeping in mind your rate is based on your credit risk.My last 4 trucks I bought were at 7-8.75%.Also if you are a first time buyer try to lease purchase/lease finance...Make sure you get all the questions you have answered and if the dealer wont work with you on the basics...Walk out.Ask the dealer to give you a write up or a spec sheet and quote,and then go shop around...Dont get the add ons the dealers try to sell you...you can get better rates on accesorials on your own.Best of Luck.

G

one of best places to buy a truck is from dan schutz
of freightliner of knoxville, phone no 8002410138,
right now he has trucks for 3,000 down and a rebate
to. also any add on equip you may want he is able to get
it, and have it installed to. he is in akron oh area
at ex 31 off of I76 in ohio, by bimfield oh. i also have
bought 2 trucks from him, also has a few way to go for loans
a truck. also if you are a vet you may be able to get
a va small buisness loan, they are hard to get

G

Why spend $65,000.00 when you can spend $25000 on a van? (That is if you are running single.) You are blowing your money if you spend 65K and not running a husband/wife team. I've seen to many guys come through this business with big dreams and big truck payments only to lose it all. Word to the wise.....BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can lease with the best comapny, but there is no (or little) money for a single driver in a straight truck

THE X

G

I would have to disagree with the thought of not being able to make money running a D unit there are lots of people out there doing it and doing well it is all in the OPERATOR our drivers do it and many others do also. had to say it just for the record thanks COOLSPOT

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Dan Shultz hasn't been with Knoxville Freightliner or in the expedited business for almost a year. Dave Epling took his place at the same location that Dan used to be at. I know he has inventory because we can see the dealership from I-76 when we pass by. Dave also was an expediter for quite awhile. we talked to him in Feb. He definitely knows expediting. The dealership is Buckeye Freightliner.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Dave Epling is a personal friend of mine and He knows the business inside and out and will not steer you wrong.He keeps a large inventory and can probably have you up and running in a few weeks. I will be replacing my D unit this year and will buy from him as I know Buckeye Freightliner will stand behind their
products, This may sound like a endorsement and it is.Most of the large dealers such as Stoops in Indianapolis want to move class 8 units,buying from a company that specializes in expediting is the way to go.Dave!s phone # is 1-800-994-7215. Mention my name and he will buy me a appropiate adult beverage..