Broker own loads?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I do not broker my own loads, and that makes me a pathetic loser in the industry, looked down upon by those that do.

I only wish I had the brains and connections to get in on the piles and piles of money they make and I do not. But woe is me, a carrier-dependent brokerless expediter, living hand to mouth on my way to the poorhouse, destined to retire with nothing but regrets.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I do not broker my own loads, and that makes me a pathetic loser in the industry, looked down upon by those that do.

I only wish I had the brains and connections to get in on the piles and piles of money they make and I do not. But woe is me, a carrier-dependent brokerless expediter, living hand to mouth on my way to the poorhouse, destined to retire with nothing but regrets.

Do I sense some sarcasim? :D

lugnut1

Seasoned Expediter
Nope we do not broker loads. But we do carry freight for many brokers. Such as FedEx, LandStar and nearly every carrier/broker posting on EO.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I wouldn't be too hard on poor Phil. He is probably exhausted from responding to numerous cheap load offers and ones that are awarded to other trucks.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm sure I'd be pretty crabby too, if I had to keep rejecting the same load offer, and finding offers I'd accepted going to another truck, but that doesn't excuse the response to an innocent question, IMO.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I agree Cheri, we are here to help, which in many ways we do it our own way but Phil seems to be not Phil lately. Maybe it is a mid-life crisis he's going through?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Broker loads do pay good if you get the right loads. That's why I became an agent for Load One LLC.

lugnut1

Seasoned Expediter
“Broker loads do pay good if you get the right loads.” What does that mean? Are you saying, “Some lotto tickets pay good if you get the right ticket.” Really, what does that mean??? And for your next use of the word good, it is food taste good, loads pay well.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
One simple question. 13 replies, 12 of which offer zero help. 1 reply that answers the question, and is picked apart by a grammar Nazi. [shakes head.]
We aren't making a very good [is that the correct word, Lugnut?] impression here - just saying.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I wonder why Canadians refer to owner/operators as "brokers"?
For the same reason they refer to their electricity as "hydro". They don't know the difference between electricity and water, so how can you expect them to know the difference between an owner/operator and a freight broker? :D

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter

Personally, I don't know any who do. But I have talked to Americans who have referred to them as such, and totally confused me.

For the same reason they refer to their electricity as "hydro". They don't know the difference between electricity and water, so how can you expect them to know the difference between an owner/operator and a freight broker? :D

Hydro

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hydro may refer to:

One simple question. 13 replies, 12 of which offer zero help. 1 reply that answers the question, and is picked apart by a grammar Nazi. [shakes head.]
We aren't making a very good [is that the correct word, Lugnut?] impression here - just saying.

No offence Cheri, but it was a question which begged a 'yes' or 'no' answer, so how can you determine that only 1 reply was of any 'help'. I see 3 posters who answered the question.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter

And since we're hijacking the OP to discuss linguistic inadequacies between countries, why do Americans refer to a duvet COVER as a 'duvet'? Hello?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, Pjjjjjjjjjj, you're technically correct, in that a simple 'yes' or 'no' would have answered the question. But one supposes the question was asked to gain information from those who do, rather than as a simple head [of which there are plenty] count.
I could be wrong - it's happened before! :D