Branding truck

piattteam

Active Expediter
Our new truck will be completed shortly and we have a question for the masses!
What would be the benefits of NOT getting the box branded with the logo?
We do like the recognition we get from having the logo, but want to know why some DON'T get branded.
Thanks in advance for your input!!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
No ghosting from the decals if you change carriers or sell the truck.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums mobile app

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Our new truck will be completed shortly and we have a question for the masses!
What would be the benefits of NOT getting the box branded with the logo?
We do like the recognition we get from having the logo, but want to know why some DON'T get branded.
Thanks in advance for your input!!

Some customers will not accept a truck without the large LOGO. On the other hand however, Bob & Linda Caffee removed their large LOGO citing one of their customers did not want it. Apparently that customer was significant enough for them to remove it. " For those of you that might notice we have removed our FedEx Custom Critical signs on our box. We have a customer that would prefer we not have the signs and we decided to comply. This gave us a lot of freedom to add our Team Run Smart logo on the sleeper. - See more at: Fuel Mileage update with Trailer Tail EO Fuel mileage update with trailer tail 10/08/2013

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have never been turned away for the new signs. They are VERY BIG and VERY UGLY! Money is money though.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The main advantage is that every year you don't have to lug around all the weight of that $1000 extra you'd get for the signs.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Branded=a guaranteed $1000 per year. After expenses. How much work do you need to do to net $1000 ?

Unbranded=improved chances of getting away if caught on video knocking down a stop sign at Walmart.

Disclaimer-I do not condone hit and run. Unreported accidents are reason for lease termination.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
FedEx has now ended the "grandfather" clause on how we get paid on branded trucks. No more .5% it's the $1000 per year, or nothing. It's getting old. If they want employees, why don't they just go that route? :mad:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The $1000 may be more down the road.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

No they don't and no it won't. Everything is set up for us to lose and them to gain. That is just how it is. That is now their business plan. It's not personal, just VERY short sighted.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Another reason to be unbranded. You wont have some knucklehead chasing you down trying to give you a package for Express.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I had a funny deal on a lost shipment today.

The person in Japan put a bad address on the four boxes of the shipment.

The Frt was not at the heavyweight facility I was dispatched to.

At the lightweight express facility 14 miles away I was told they could not find the freight. The computers said it was here.

As the supervisor was telling me he didn't have a clue, I reached out my arm and touched the shipment going down the conveyer belt .

I promptly loaded, and being familiar with the area and consignee, made a prompt delivery.

The additional stop pay made it a pleasant morning !