Branding and Unit Numbers

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been noticing more and more Express-1 units that have no unit numbers, or part of the numer has been removed. Also the large Express-1 brand sign on the side of the unit has been removed, only the door sign are left in place.

Why would they remove them?

When they go to our customers, they can't remember us if they can't read who we are.
I'm sure others have noticed this, seems to be increasing trend.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I have no clue other than I could go conspiracy theorist on you.

If you take all your signage off but the doors you could easily cover those if you were running a non E-1 load. Just food for thought.

Oh and I have all my signage and am proud of it.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can find your own loads with the E-1 signs on there, procedures are posted in Fleet Vision. I can see it if you live somewhere that do not allow you to park in your own driveway. I don't understand why they want to hide though....unit numbers removed so folks can't call in on unsafe drivers? What about their plates then? I saw one 07 Sprinter that had everything, but his number was "78" that's funny....

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Its a good question. I have no clue. As my Pappy always used to say "if your not proud of who you work for then your not proud of youself"

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
maybe speed camera's

Good point....I was sitting one weekend and this guy would take out his pad and right down every tag number on an unmarked van. I had to ask why. He told me he calls their State hwy fella's and reports them as having no dot #'s. "we have to pay for ours, they should pay for theirs"

Yesterday, I saw 3 people in a cargo van waiting for a load. They had the new QC with no signage or number on the van. I guess I was more floored by 3 in a cargo van...2 men and 1 woman, good thing was, they didn't have any dogs.....

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
are you shore, what did they look like.maybe one of them was the pet, hehehe

LOL- well, yep 3 of'em in there...if I had to guess the one was the pet- it would take a lot to feed her/him....Looked like they would be over grossed before loading anything.....with all that junk they had in there.