Box truck or Hotshot?

Saboona

New Recruit
Researching
Haven't bought anything yet. I keep going back and forth without a solid decision made yet. Cost aside, is there a bigger market for 26ft box trucks or 30ft+ hot shot trucks?

Down the line I plan to get dedicated freight for my business, my assumption is it will be easier to get dedicated freight for box trucks than hotshots, correct?

If someone could guide me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Since you will be using logs and weigh stations with either, I believe you will be better off in a box truck. I assume you are considering a box truck with sleeper.

I'm in a box truck and I would never consider a hotshot. I talked to a few hotshot drivers out there and I prefer my sleeper with the creature comforts it provides.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Since you will be using logs and weigh stations with either, I believe you will be better off in a box truck. I assume you are considering a box truck with sleeper.

I'm in a box truck and I would never consider a hotshot. I talked to a few hotshot drivers out there and I prefer my sleeper with the creature comforts it provides.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
You can build a tractor with a single rear wheel and have a sleeper too....and it let's to haul alot of deferent stuff like campers and hotshot.
A straight truck limits you to just regular freight.
A fifth wheel trailer with a pickup does allow you to park the trailer and become a regular pickup and be able to go sightseeing.