BOOM

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Supply and demand at it's best.
How do you swing the demand side to your favor, you lower rates. Sound familiar?

2019-04-26_2258.png
Amazon can afford to roll the dice and run break even or at loss to gain it's market share. Not many could.
It will be interesting to see how this pans out over the coming years.

---I will be looking forward to all my Amazon packages arriving in 1 day.
2 days, is too long ;)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Expedite = expected now.

You have to give Amazon credit. They really have changed the landscape for eCommerce.
Besides having the goal of having everything imaginable under the sun, at prices that are hard to beat.
They already offer same day delivery if you live near one of their hubs.

I placed a couples of order for this weekend. One was already next day, which I've already seen more of, the other 2 day.
I was reminded today of a extreme price difference today as I visited my local Rite-Aid store.
They had 1 item that I ordered for $38, my cost was $8 and will be delivered the next day. Hard to beat that. Also, that's one hell of a mark up :rolleyes:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still waiting for my locally sourced Amazon drive belt. 2 ebay orders from China already here :tongueclosed: (Ordered Monday evening)

In Canada they need a little help

Edit: demonstrating superior service will be the only hope for anyone else going forward

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Amazon got some major help from politicians spellbound by the internet. Not collecting sales tax, for however many years, gave them an unfair advantage over brick and mortar. Never should of happened ...

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There you go amazon just let the truth leak out, the blood sucking brokers are leaching 1/4 to 1/3 of the money and putting it in their pockets for doing absolutely nothing!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There you go amazon just let the truth leak out, the blood sucking brokers are leaching 1/4 to 1/3 of the money and putting it in their pockets for doing absolutely nothing!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

I'm not sticking up for brokers but I'm just curious ...
If they do absolutely nothing then why do you pay them any money? Why don't you broker loads yourself?