Bolt Express Straight Truck W2

Videodrome

Seasoned Expediter
I've seen some ads on Indeed.com referencing Bolt Express for driving straight truck as a W2 instead of a 1099 and thought I'd come here to see if anyone has run for Bolt this way and what you think.

I do have some Class A experience(PAM Transport), but I think Tractor Trailer is a pain in the ass because of the shortage of parking. I'm basically wondering if this gig with Bolt would pay decently and give more flexibility with parking.

I haven't driven in a while and wondered if these straight trucks can park in the front of the truck stops with the campers.

Tired of pulling 53' Trailer Try This !! - Company Driver - Straight Truck - Bolt Express

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some places you can park in front some you can't. It does open up more places besides truck stops to park. Of course a fleet owner would be paying you not bolt.

Videodrome

Seasoned Expediter
I guess they have different positions, but I might hear from a Fleet Owner about a 1099 running a Class B.

The 1099 thing is still weird to me, but I just talked to an account in town that deals with truckers. If I accept this, I'm going to sit down with them and make sure I get started on this correctly and not get into a Tax mess.

Reactions: xiggi

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I believe Bolt has a division that uses company Class A drivers - I thought it was just tractor trailer drivers only. Please share the link.

Videodrome

Seasoned Expediter
This is the ad I saw. It seemed like the recruiter said this was just one specific Fleet Owner or some other b.s. It's what go me talking to Bolt in the first place, but they said it would be 1099.

Oddly enough, their fleet said they weren't sure if they liked Bolt and then asked me if I'd be interested in FedEx lol.

I did discuss a few things like pay with them and they thought earning $1500 a week as a solo driver in a Straight Truck seemed realistic. Of course, they tried to nudge me to be a Team Driver, but I'm not sure how I feel about being paired up with a random person.

Tired of pulling 53' Trailer Try This !! - Company Driver - Straight Truck - Bolt Express

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
This is the ad I saw. It seemed like the recruiter said this was just one specific Fleet Owner or some other b.s. It's what go me talking to Bolt in the first place, but they said it would be 1099.

Oddly enough, their fleet said they weren't sure if they liked Bolt and then asked me if I'd be interested in FedEx lol.

I did discuss a few things like pay with them and they thought earning $1500 a week as a solo driver in a Straight Truck seemed realistic. Of course, they tried to nudge me to be a Team Driver, but I'm not sure how I feel about being paired up with a random person.

So did you contact that specific Fleet Owner? I can't recall any that offer employment offer being an independent contractor.