board position ups/downs

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
On various boards and various times, i've noticed that my board position will go up and down.

For instance, 1st checking position 8 with no first outs. 2nd checking position 6, with no first outs. 3rd checking my position will be back to 8 with first outs. I would look at the drivers' web page and confirm with the macro call.

What would cause this? Any ideas?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
When a first out arrives, they go to the top of the board. If they are floating a charity/non-profit load around that no one wants, that truck will disappear from the count when it is sent to the truck. When that truck turns it down, it will reappear in the available truck count. It is possible to that if a mini for example was sent to a first out truck that already completed one. may have a different position briefly while their first out is being reinstated.

sweetcdngirl

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
US Army
First outs will always knock u down a spot or 2. And Dave is right in saying that sometimes a few trucks are offered loads and are off the boards until panther decides to take them off the load and put them back on. Have a great one.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
so why am i getting bumped down, by trucks without a first out?????
It also depends on when they POD'd out of a load. They may have been on another board with a first out but POD'd before you did, then drove to the board you are on....Or they could have accepted the so called.....Repositioning status.