Phones Bluetooth

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would think it is an individual preference.
I like the Blue Parrot B250XT. The sound quality is great. It cuts out all the background noise and runs a long time on a single charge. I usually charge it at bed time, but if I forget, it will last a few days.
They cost anywhere from $99 - $129 + tax. I've had mine for years without any problems.
Everyone will have a different opinion as to which Bluetooth works best for them.
Choose one , try it, if you don't like it return it.
I went though several other brands and styles before I got this one. 30 day return policies are great.
I hope this helps, and I'm sure others will chime in with their experiences.

BHXpress

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
I've been using the Plantronics Voyager Legend and loved it. It has a short battery life (7 hours talk time) but that wasn't an issue for me as I could always easily recharge it. Lately, however, people have started complaining about not being able to hear me too well. I don't know if the microphone is going bad or what's going on. I think the headset costs around $100 at any major truckstop.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Blue Parrot. Replacement batteries are cheap on eBay when you need one, too.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
View attachment 10081 even Barney love the blue parrot!

Barney, before he's had his morning coffee...

1828991-super_evil_barney_3.jpg

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I use blue parrot also. Had it for a long time, good volume, good noise reduction. I can have the window down and people dont know I am driving. One thing I don't like about it. It is huge and ugly. I don't ever take it out of the van.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
We use the Blue Parrot with our office phones. It works great for that as well. For personal use walking around I like something smaller. You can get the Blue Parrot considerably cheaper on Amazon though.

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
I use plantronics I think voyager or legend 2 main reasons out of all the reviews only bad one was people complaining about the charger just its design it sliding around etc. The other reason being plantronics pretty much specialize in headsets so like the technology behind the products and they arnt as big and bulky

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I can't tolerate anything on my head, and some units are strictly for right handed people, so my best find is the Blue Ant. Small, and excellent even in a very noisy environment.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Only problem with the blue parrot is it keeps getting caught in my hair so it's a hat or bandana for me all the time

jamom123

Expert Expediter
I have the road king rk300, seems to be a good unit. Long battery life I only charge it once a week good noise reduction works fine for me. I don't know if it is as good as blue parrot seing as I've never had one but it works good. $79.00 dollars I believe.

TruckTurner65

Rookie Expediter
Never considered myself a trucker, just a driver, but after 7 yrs I figured I'd get some headphones that were MADE for truckers. I wanted duals so I could listen to music. I got the Blue Tiger Elites and IT WAS THE WORST PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE! Not all that comfortable and the sound isn't all that great, but the main problem is NOBODY CAN HEAR ME! I have an iPhone and Siri can't hear me. I've played back recorded messages and I can't hear them so I know this mic is not working right. The Blue Tiger guy even told me he can't hear me, so he sent a new pair... Same **** problem. I'll just go back to non trucker specific headphones. Background noise is better than no sound at all!