Biker gang attack a family in Range Rover (video of incident)

Deville

Not a Member
Black Range Rover runs over bikers in NYC (Original) HD - YouTube

Links to various news articles.

Biker surrenders to New York cops after another arrested for accident that caused attack on SUV driver - NY Daily News

Bike gang tried to close highway | New York Post

These guys are animals. The past couple of years these biker gangs have been terriozing upper Manhattan & the Bronx. Many of them run illegal, no Licence, no registration, no insurance. If you look at the video you will see most of these "bikers" don't have tags attached to the rear of the bikes as the law requires. To date the NYPD hasn't done much to crack down on this process.

All I could thing of as I watched this video was what if this was my Family & I in my 4runner & this happened, or worse my chick & I crusing around in my BMW with the top down with no way to escape the way the Range Rover did. This is a gang mentaility that these people are trying to imppose on unsuspecting people & I'm happy that one of these guys may never walk again. If it was me in the same situation with the right car I would be mowing these guys down each time one approached the side of my car.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
The whole story on this came out the other day, and appears the idiot in the rr was cutting them off and brake checking them. I feel no sympathy for the ******* in the range rover.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The whole story on this came out the other day, and appears the idiot in the rr was cutting them off and brake checking them. I feel no sympathy for the ******* in the range rover.
I've watched the video, and read the whole story, several times from several sources, and not one of those whole stories said the idiot in the Road Ranger was cutting them off and brake checking. They all said the same thing that the video and several eyewitnesses said. They all said the idiot in the Range Rover was attacked by 30 or more bikers and was trying to get away from the bikers in order to protect his wife and his two year old daughter who were also in the Range Rover with him, and that after the bikers slashed his tires and the tires deflated and he had to stop, his wife and two year old daughter got a front row seat to the idiot in the Road Ranger being dragged out of the Road Ranger and beaten to a pulp.

The biker who initially moved in front of the Road Ranger and slowed down, causing the Road Ranger to bump the rear tire of the bike, was not hurt and turned himself into police a few hours after police released a photo of him. He was charged with with reckless endangerment, reckless driving, criminal mischief, endangering the welfare of a child, and menacing. Later Tuesday afternoon a second biker, the one police believe to have actually dragged the Idiot from his Range Rover, turned himself in after seeing his photo on TV, and is still being questioned.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I've watched the video, and read the whole story, several times from several sources, and not one of those whole stories said the idiot in the Road Ranger was cutting them off and brake checking. They all said the same thing that the video and several eyewitnesses said. They all said the idiot in the Range Rover was attacked by 30 or more bikers and was trying to get away from the bikers in order to protect his wife and his two year old daughter who were also in the Range Rover with him, and that after the bikers slashed his tires and the tires deflated and he had to stop, his wife and two year old daughter got a front row seat to the idiot in the Road Ranger being dragged out of the Road Ranger and beaten to a pulp.

The biker who initially moved in front of the Road Ranger and slowed down, causing the Road Ranger to bump the rear tire of the bike, was not hurt and turned himself into police a few hours after police released a photo of him. He was charged with with reckless endangerment, reckless driving, criminal mischief, endangering the welfare of a child, and menacing. Later Tuesday afternoon a second biker, the one police believe to have actually dragged the Idiot from his Range Rover, turned himself in after seeing his photo on TV, and is still being questioned.

The one that was hit has both broken legs turtle and my be paralyzed. Then when he ran through the pack mowing them over he broke more bikers legs. One of the bikers was interviewed and he said the situation wasnt handled properly but the range rover was driving wrecklessly and brake checking the bikers. The guy that gave their account was Xavier Forbes.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Bums like that give motorcyclists a bad name. Every one of them that brake checked the SUV, and it was the bikes doing that not the SUV, should have their motorcycles seized and pay a big fine and the ones who attacked should go to jail as well.

I've been swarmed by such a group before. Thankfully none targeted me or anyone else around me but they did ride insanely recklessly and dangerously for themselves and everyone else.

Deville

Not a Member
The one that was hit has both broken legs turtle and my be paralyzed. Then when he ran through the pack mowing them over he broke more bikers legs. One of the bikers was interviewed and he said the situation wasnt handled properly but the range rover was driving wrecklessly and brake checking the bikers. The guy that gave their account was Xavier Forbes.

First of all, 7 new videos of the biker gang ride have been posted, the video shows many of the bikers breaking many laws.

second, if you think that some straight laced family man driving a $150,000 Range Rover with his family in the car that makes mid to high 7 figures a year, a man that is highly educated & has never been in trouble a day in his life started with a pack of a couple of hundred bikers than you need to re-think that stance.

The fact is the guy he did run over had no licence to drive a car, no licence to drive a motorcylce, had 17 revokcations on his record as very as several felony arrests & convictions for drugs. Most of these guys are criminals in some way shape or form. These aren't guys riding Choppers on a nice ride. These dirt bike riders are out looking for trouble because they know the NYPD won't go after any of them.

It's sickening.

I'm glad the guy didn't die. I hope he lives a life of agony & than takes the easy way out by blowing his brains out. Most likely with an illegal gun.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
$150,000 for a Range Rover, was it strapped on top of a Rolls Royce?
I Googled Land Rover. Prices from mid $34,000 to $86,000 and change.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
More like $75-80K for it but still valid comments even if it is only half as expensive.

Driver2

Seasoned Expediter
Bottom line is if the rr guy was being a jerk and brake checking and speeding up or swerving etc, because he was having a bad day or feeling macho or whatever, he needs to deal with the consequences. You stomp on a hornets nest you're gonna get stung.
However, if the bikers, especially if they were younger were acting as guys and a few gals do when you get in a big group which is speed up and slow down and lose consideration for the other drivers on the road and one of the bikers thought the rr got to close or swerved when actually he didn't then it a different story. If the bikers caused the rr to stop, on a highway mind you, for whatever reason and one biker in the group gets off his cycle and starts to approach him with his wife and little girl in the vehicle then it's my opinion that at all costs you protect yourself and your family. In this case there are gonna be many dead bikers strewn along the highway. The guy clearly panicked, which you would have expected, and attempted to get on the Cross Bronx instead of staying on 87 or the parkway, which may have been his undoing. I'm just surprised none of the bikers were firing rounds into the rr. In all probability the rr could have prevented this by not messing with a club. It didn't really look like a "gang" per se since there were a variety of bikes.

Deville

Not a Member
Starting prices for the Range Rover.

Land Rover Range Rover ($83,500), HSE ($88,500), Supercharged ($99,950), Supercharged Autobiography ($130,950)

After options the Supercharged Autobiography is almost $150,000.

It looks like Lien is driving an HSE which can break $100,000 if so equiped. My chick is dying for the HSE. Even a 2-3 year old CPO is crazy expensive.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Man, they've gone up a lot. I remember when they started at 60k and that wasn't all that long ago. I only watched one of the videos but it was one taken by one of the bikers. It showed the bikers stopping across all 3 lanes of the highway, stopping all highway traffic for several seconds when there was no reason to stop. "Club" is the affirmative action term for "gang" now days. It's possible the driver of the suv may have played x% part in it but the bikers were almost assuredly 9x% of it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
First of all, 7 new videos of the biker gang ride have been posted, the video shows many of the bikers breaking many laws.

second, if you think that some straight laced family man driving a $150,000 Range Rover with his family in the car that makes mid to high 7 figures a year, a man that is highly educated & has never been in trouble a day in his life started with a pack of a couple of hundred bikers than you need to re-think that stance.

The fact is the guy he did run over had no licence to drive a car, no licence to drive a motorcylce, had 17 revokcations on his record as very as several felony arrests & convictions for drugs. Most of these guys are criminals in some way shape or form. These aren't guys riding Choppers on a nice ride. These dirt bike riders are out looking for trouble because they know the NYPD won't go after any of them.

It's sickening.

I'm glad the guy didn't die. I hope he lives a life of agony & than takes the easy way out by blowing his brains out. Most likely with an illegal gun.

Your take is a great example of something I've observed for so many years that I still think of it as 'the Cadillac attitude': My ride costs 5x as much, so I deserve special treatment in traffic'
Without defending the bikers, [who were clearly wrong] what I consider sickening is the attitude that the cost of one's accessories indicates the value of the person who possesses them.
And the last three comments you made are indicative of your values, which are the most sickening thing of all, IMO.
Those riders of 'pocket rockets' have scared me at times - not in swarms, or gangs, but individually, because they often ignore the rules and endanger others on the road - but wishing "a life of agony & then blowing his brains out" is just flat depraved.
If you get that HSE your "chick is dying for", it won't make you a better person, no matter how much you might think so.

BigCat

Expert Expediter

It's sickening.

You don't think a smart guy driving a range rover can get road rage? Oh please I had a BMW SUV several month ago get ****ed it took too long for me to pass decide he was going to cut me off and slam the brakes. Ill let you decide the outcome, I was hauling a 44,000 pound steel coil, you don't think I hit the brakes do you?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can he? Certainly he can. Did he? Not from what the biker's own video showed. It only showed the bikers in the wrong. Could there be more to it? Yes. Is there more to it? We don't know. Based on the video posted was there criminal activity? Yes, by the bikers.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Nothing illegal about driving over people ?
Maybe Mommy and Daddy shielded him from life. He doesn't handle stress well. Just one idea.

Last edited: