Best way to find reliable fleet owners.

Hawkman

Rookie Expediter
Researching
What is the best way to find a reliable cargo van/sprinter fleet owner to drive for? I think this would be a good way to explore the expediting business and see if it is for me. I live in the central Illinois area. Thank you for the input.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
ask them to bring the van to you and buy you lunch.if they don't have enough spare change in the pocket to do that then don't expect much out of them.

Reactions: Moot

schwanman

Expert Expediter
What is the best way to find a reliable cargo van/sprinter fleet owner to drive for? I think this would be a good way to explore the expediting business and see if it is for me. I live in the central Illinois area. Thank you for the input.
Contact companies (list on this site) for numbers of owners. Then ask owners for numbers of drivers for referrals.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We have been in this business 16 years and we like to think we are great fleet owners ( only 4 turnovers in 4 years for 6 trucks, two of those were medical reasons for the drivers ). We dont take trucks to drivers. Drivers come to the truck, that means they truly want a job if they get there.

Look for fleet owners that people know and have heard of. Ask the rite ???. Do ask for references and drivers ph. # and also former drivers #. Make sure they have a contract with everything spelled out. Thats a start !!!!!!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would agree. Reputation along with current and past references. You have to do your due diligence if you are going to enter into a partnership whether expediting or any other venture. Take your time. There are some good fleet owners out there and definitely some sharks.