Best truck stops

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What are some of the best truck stops to visit and take a 10 hours off at?
"Best" is a bit subjective. What's good for me, may not be good for you.
What features are you looking for in a truck stop?
What kind of truck are you driving?

chadec

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Very true. I am mainly looking for a truck stop that provides good food for the night, and a cozy parking space. That would be all that I guess I would deem important. I drive a 2016 freightliner Cascadia...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Very true. I am mainly looking for a truck stop that provides good food for the night, and a cozy parking space. That would be all that I guess I would deem important. I drive a 2016 freightliner Cascadia...
Cozy? At a truck stop? Lol lol
Sorry , i don't mean to laugh.

Reactions: Moot and ntimevan

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Truck stops are not like they used to be. Flying J and Pilots mainly have fast food restaurants with a few of the older J’s having Denny’s. Loves have mainly fast food. Now most T/A and Petro truck stops have sit down restaurants. Hope this helps.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Truck stops are not like they used to be. Flying J and Pilots mainly have fast food restaurants with a few of the older J’s having Denny’s. Loves have mainly fast food. Now most T/A and Petro truck stops have sit down restaurants. Hope this helps.

Even some TAs are stepping down to fast food. Petros seem to be holding on to their restaurants.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Even some TAs are stepping down to fast food. Petros seem to be holding on to their restaurants.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
But, the OP wants to know which is "Best".

I can't tell him which is "Best".

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
One that I like is in Raphine, VA at Whites or Petro off of I-81. There is a lot of room to park and a great area to walk your dog. Picnic tables by a small stream.

chadec

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I appreciate all the helpful feedback! I will be sure to put all of those stops on the map and visit them at some point :)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
But, the OP wants to know which is "Best".

I can't tell him which is "Best".
Treadmill's recommendation of T/As and Petros best fit the OP's criteria for a truck stop with good food, if good food is something other than fast food. As for a cozy parking space, not much difference from one truck stop to another.

For me in a van most Flying Js and many Pilots are the best because I get shower credits for gasoline purchases. Also the car parking areas are generally larger. If Loves offered shower credits for gas purchases I'd never patronize a Flying Pilot. Loves keeps building new truck stops and the old ones are clean and well maintained.

Reactions: Grizzly and Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Reactions: chadec and Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator