BEST TRUCK SERVICE/REPAIR FACILITY

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Over the years, that I have read posts on this site. I have read numerous horror stories and bad experiences that people have had at different repair facilities. With that thought, I thought it would be great to hear about those facilities that you think are the best. Your place of choice to have your truck serviced and repaired. Being that we are all from different parts of the country. I thought it would enable us to compile a list to carry in the truck. That may enable each to have better service experiences while out on the road. My personal choice is Rivers Truck Center, a Western Star dealer located on Rt 24 in Red Lion,Pa. 717-244-4903 They are a one stop shop. They work on all makes and models. They have a complete frame and body shop. And a trailer shop as well. There service is number one in my book. I have been going there for years. And never have had a bad experience. I will say they are not the cheapest place around. But like the old saying goes, You get what you pay for!

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
when i had my fl70 i used han's freightliner in cleveland,ohio. the shop doesn't look like much,(it's an old facility)but the work they do is first rate. once when i had the truck in for some minor problems they spotted an air leak on the hose leading from the turbo to the intercooler. it was caused by the factory incorectly grinding the neck where the hose connects to the intercooler.they put a $1100.00 intercooler on at no charge to me. this is the kind of people i want working on my equipment, the kind that go above and beyond what the customer expects. they are located off of I-480 at the broadway exit in cleveland. DD.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have also used Hans FL when I am in the area.I am in 100% agreement with DD,they do excellent work.

gojack

Expert Expediter
I bought my Sprinter from Hans of Hans Freightliner
Hans delivered it to my Home In Cincinnati at 10AM,
We signed the papers, he gave me dealers briefing,
we off loaded his Harley and he cruised back to Cleveland.

Hans is OK

Dave

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have to agree with you all on HANS. I have went there several times. And had a very good experience. Excellent Service. And they don't charge you a arm & a leg.

MSinger

Expert Expediter
1997 Dodge Ram 3500 with 12' cube. Dock high with jackstands. 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel.

I have had very good luck with Curtis Garage west of Indy on I-70. They have recently added a separate shop for large diesel trucks at Exit 41 behind the Cloverdale Travel Plaza. Their original facility is located at Exit 51/Little Point where they mainly work on cars and light trucks either gas or diesel. They have always done me right and stood behind their work. I started using them about 3 years ago and they realize the need to get me back on the road in a hurry. I even take the wife's mini-van to them for service. They also have the large semi tow trucks as well as a tire service truck.
Their number is 317-539-2152.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
This week I had a wake-up call as far as repairs go. It's amazing what happens to a truck in two months if driven by a neglegent driver. I found out really quick how a $1500 estimate turned into a $5200 nightmare. Unlike the ordeal at Freightliner in Ypsilanti I wrote previously about, I wasn't mad at all. Arrow Truck in Detroit has been nothing but professional with me, and asked my consent on everything relevant. With a total breakdown of what's wrong, my co-driver (who is also a mechanic) said nothing seems out of place and the bill is not overpriced. I'll post on here how everything works out.

Overall, the repairs will have taken a week to complete. But they guarantee both the labor AND the manufacturer's parts THEMSELVES for one year! Talking with my father about the repair, he said they've been doing business in the same place since he was a kid (1930s). If you're in the Detroit area and need truck repair (mine was mainly transmission work) I recommend Arrow. They're located on Fort Street, just north of the Ambassador Bridge.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Just got the truck back, and it's running like new. My bill came out $400 less than their last quote, which took the sting off somewhat. And five days isn't bad at all for a total transmission overhaul. Their mechanics took time to explain manually adjusting the "automatic" slack-adjusters, and even did a semi-simple repair without charging me. See if you can get THAT from Freightliner! They want to charge 1/2 labor to change a marker light :-(

I'll be using Arrow as my main repair facility until they pull a Wolverine Freightliner on me. I doubt they will though... their mechanics know how to turn a wrench. :D

Don't get em mixed up with Arrow Truck Sales. Two totally different establishments. This place only does repair.

T-hawk - There's always next year. :p