best load straps

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I ordered straps from Lodi Metals made to my specs. They have 6" (six inches) of strap from the etrack to the ratchet. The rest of the length is in the adjustable part of the strap. The webbing they use is heavier duty than what I found ready made. The ratchet is not cheap and junky like the ready made, it is a quality ratchet that works much better, especially the release mechanism. They also offer various colors. I got 10' in green and 18' in orange. If you want QUALITY straps I HIGHLY recommend these.

2" Custom Ratchet Strap w/ E-Fitting—Lodi Metals, Inc.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Good to know, Leo. Thanks for the info. Ratchet straps like these with the shorter fixed ends are great to have from time to time.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They will make any configuration one wants. I failed to mention mine are captured meaning the end of the adjustable section is folded twice then sewn so it can not pull out through the ratchet.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
They will make any configuration one wants. I failed to mention mine are captured meaning the end of the adjustable section is folded twice then sewn so it can not pull out through the ratchet.

Thanks Leo, this is very important.

BUT I have to ask, what would you use an 18 foot strap in a van for?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You put two 48x48x48 tubs into the van that's 4' up plus 8' across plus 4' down is 16' and a little left over to make it easier to work with. I use the etrack in the floor. It's much more secure than the pieces on the wall.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Leo!! Everytime I grab my strapes I bit*h about the ratchet mechanism and the releases...And yes 18 ft'ers are what I use most often with 2 skids....

I'll be on the phone with them after my shower!!! :D

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
My long ones are just over 20 feet for the same reason. It's especially good for the long straps to be sturdy, so they aren't too stretchy over that distance.

Looks like they have a decent price on etrack too.

eb

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
After many weeks of using these straps I am more impressed than I was when I first got them. The strap material is thick and sturdy. The staps don't attempt to twist and reverse every time they are pulled through the ratchet. My old junk straps always wanted to do a 180. The captured ends are thick enough to never go through the ratchet. The ratchet itself is better and functions more easily and reliably. If I were doing it over today I'd order a pair of 12' and 18' for my Chevy van. If I had a Sprinter I'd order a pair of 12', 18' and 24'. These are quality American made straps and definitely a 9+ and I will never use any other straps again. Highly recommended.