Best Fleets To Drive For - honorable mention Farm2Fleet Trucking

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Best Fleets to Drive For® - News

We're very proud of this one. Little late commenting on it as I have been away from all things trucking these past several days taking a breather. Noticed LoadOne made the cut as well, saw their thread also, congratulations to you guys. From what I gather about the numerous LoadOne operators who are regulars to EO it is a fine upstanding company that you are all proud to be associated with. That much is clear from just a few months reading the forums here. That is what all companies ought to strive to be. That's what Farm2Fleet is like and I will bat for them every time.

It started in Nov 2010 Bill Hood with his one truck and 53' dry van trailer. Then at some point in the spring or summer of 2011 he bought a 48' flatbed. That fall, Sept 12th 2011 to be exact, I was the first owner operator to lease on under his authority. I hooked to Bill's un-used 53 dry van and went to work. My friend Mike followed suit in November 2011. None of us ever really came into this looking specifically at expedite as what we wanted. The main thing was to step up service to a level unseen in the spot market world, do what others wouldn't, take care of the freight as if it were our own, keep people informed, offer solutions... etc, etc... difficult to put in words but we REALLY did do those things (we still do) and set ourselves apart from the crowd.

We all took huge risks in doing this. From my standpoint I left a stable truckload carrier that I had worked for as and employee for 9 years and been contracted to for another 2 years. I had approval for Landstar, actually Landstar was sort of a "dream carrier" for me that i had always wanted to work with, learning my own way with self dispatching, spot rates etc.. I had orientation set with those guys and everything.. Then after a posting I made on another trucking forum, I get a pm from Bill, we talk on the phone about 5 minutes later.. The rest was history. I let go of the easy sure way and took a risk on an unknown. I'm glad I did and will never look back.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
No we did not.
I know that you've made some statements on other threads about your business ties with Whirlwind. Is there anything you can add now that hasn't been mentioned? A lot of people seemed to like running for WW. The pay issues may have been there only problem?

Swamp30

Active Expediter
so are you Bill going to pay me my **** money? are you going to pay all these other owners and carriers? or are u going to be like ann and chet screw us all??

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
so are you Bill going to pay me my **** money? are you going to pay all these other owners and carriers? or are u going to be like ann and chet screw us all??
I don't know this for fact, but I get the feeling that Bill is a standup guy and will do what is right. What has happened in the past at WhirlWind may or may not be his problem. I was hoping he would elaborate on that a little more than he did, but I understand that there could be things he can't disclose publicly.

@ Bill, this is obviously a bit of a hornet's nest that you've disturbed..lol. Just one man's opinion here, but the more communication you provide about details (that your able to back up) will help to ease fears and promote your reputability among those associated with you now and in the future. Again, just my opinion.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
In another thread it said someone got 20% +/- of their money yesterday.
If Bill is covering the back pay issues, I imagine it'll take time. His clock started days ago, not months ago.
If it's not his problem you'd think he'd come out and address it.
Be hostile surely won't put you at the top of the list.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
In another thread it said someone got 20% +/- of their money yesterday.
If Bill is covering the back pay issues, I imagine it'll take time. His clock started days ago, not months ago.
If it's not his problem you'd think he'd come out and address it.
Be hostile surely won't put you at the top of the list.
If he did jump into that end of the pool, I can only imagine the mess he is trying to sort through. It will take some time.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
And if he's a decent guy trying to do the right thing he deserves some patience

On the other hand, if you're waiting months to be paid, the frustration is understandable.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry guys I mistunderstood the whole thing with WW - I thought it was a buyout but that's what I get for thinking.

Swamp30

Active Expediter
i have met bill at the sylectus carrier conference in chicago this last year.. i think he is a stand up person..they were nice people..as business minded he is, if he made a deal and assumed all of ww some how then i am sure he is aware of what he has gotten into? secondly i am worried money because u know ww was factoring bills but not paying on on them so basically they pulled am Arrow trucking and i can see alot of us gettong screwed. this is beyond frustration. you cam only take so much from a man before they strike back with vengence..i almost lost my wife and everything...frustration doesnt begin to describe this..there are several of us they havent been paid..met ivan today and he said she hasnt paid him either and its been 22 months..so to actually know there is at least 150k out ww hasnt paid that they have been already paid on is scarey..i dont see bill taking up all that slack..

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The problem you have is that you guys signed a contract with WW not with F2F. So if F2F consumes WW and WW goes away, who will you go after? You can't sue a company that you've never had a contract with. Now I'm not saying that will happen, but it is a possible scenario. Or Swamp can be wrong and WW does not factor their loads and F2F will be paying out what is owed as the money comes in. Some outside carriers and load boards can take up to 120 days to send checks out. That could be what you all are seeing. But you guys have to make your own decision about WW. It's ultimately up to the individual to decide whether or not they want to do business with a particular broker or carrier.

chs007

Seasoned Expediter
Worked for WW before and never had a problem, it hard for me to believe chet or anne would cheat anyone, they never me