Cargo Van Best Company

D'Andre

New Recruit
Researching
Hi, everyone Im D'Andre for South Carolina and just need alitte direction on companies. I leaning towards Panther in the cargo van side. I do have a Class A license. Any advise will be welcomed.

Solochic

New Recruit
Researching
I'm in the same boat D'Andre. Been on here researching as much as possible. I've heard Panther is hard to get into, however there are so many carriers to apply with on here. Thinking that if I start out in a Van and get some experience under my belt first then work my way into my own Straight truck. :happy::minibus::truck:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I'm in the same boat D'Andre. Been on here researching as much as possible. I've heard Panther is hard to get into, however there are so many carriers to apply with on here. Thinking that if I start out in a Van and get some experience under my belt first then work my way into my own Straight truck. :happy::minibus::truck:
You go that route, you won't never own a Str8. You need to start driving a Str8 for a fleet owner and do a 60/40 split and go from there.

Reactions: RoadTime

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Not real comfortable with T/T have thought about a straight truck.
Also the same advice, go drive a Str8 for a fleet owner and do a 60/40 split.

Not all Fleet owners do a 60/40 {first number to the driver} some do a 40/60. Also many are adopting the 50/50. Some just pay per mile. There are all kinds but the first three are most common and mirror each other in income.

We are fleet owners with Load 1. Mssg me and we can talk. We have an opening !!!

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
50/50 wow and I was thinking about giving the driver 70/30. 60/40 driver pays fuel seems the best way to go for fleet owner.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
50/50 wow and I was thinking about giving the driver 70/30. 60/40 driver pays fuel seems the best way to go for fleet owner.

Not always, there are drawbacks to that. Like when you get someone who feels they have the rite to put alot of unpaid miles on the truck just because they are paying the fuel and not considering the added maintenance or wear and tear on the truck. Every mile requires something towards maintenance, We as fleet owners figure a normal amount of unpaid miles into our maintenance equation but you do find some that go way above what is normal. Another issue of the 60% plus fsc to the driver is you find some that base their load decisions on how much the fsc is and not so much caring about the line haul rate.

If you run the numbers realistically you will see that the 3 most common that i mentioned almost mirror each other in compensation. Some weeks one might be more some weeks one might be less but in the end they average out pretty darn close.

Reactions: T270_Dreamin