Best Bluetooth headset, no Blue Parrots here

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
The 10 Best Bluetooth Headsets | PCMag.com

These are the best of the best Bluetooth Headsets, earpieces with better audio, better range, better then the Blue Parrot everyones buying, I use the Motorola and its a great sounding and easy to use, it has a small piece of software that you can download free it will read your texts, let you send texts, and messages all with your voice...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter

These are the best of the best Bluetooth Headsets, earpieces with better audio, better range, better then the Blue Parrot everyones buying, I use the Motorola and its a great sounding and easy to use, it has a small piece of software that you can download free it will read your texts, let you send texts, and messages all with your voice...

I think you will find that the people who tested those devices havent spent a single day in a noisy truck. I havent owned all of those headsets but I have owned one of them and it doesnt even come close to the call quality I get from the blue parrot.

There is a reason why the blue parrot headsets are popular among truckers and it isnt because they are comfortable or stylish.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I have used the Plantronics Voyager Pro for a couple years now and that includes a few months in a truck last year. It did fine in the truck and I never had trouble hearing anyone.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Those aren't necessarily better than the Blue Parrot that everyone is buying. The Blue Parrot wouldn't fit into any of the three categories they have for that list. The Blue Parrot is single ear and mono, but it's far from the traditional headsets "that most people think about when they hear the word Bluetooth." An over-the-head Bluetooth headset is not gonna make any PC Mag top ten list, because most of the readership of that mag is not gonna by an over-the-head Bluetooth headset. That's not what they are looking for (plus, the company that makes Blue Parrot doesn't spend a lot of money with PC Mag, which has a well-known effect on reviews and top-then lists).

I like the little Motorola, and the Jawbone headsets, but they don't work for me. I've had 5 Motorolas and 3 Jawbones, and several others. Ironically, I've had 3 of the top 5 on that list, and for me they all sucked rocks. For some people, those "jaw bone sensor" headsets, which use the vibration of the cheek bone, actually, for noise canceling, simply don't work well. Face too fat, prolly.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There is a reason why the blue parrot headsets are popular among truckers and it isnt because they are comfortable or stylish.
It's because they make you look like a dork, which is a step up for a lot of us. :D

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
We have the Blue Tiger Pro. We went through numerous blue parrots with major failure. Since switching we have noticed increased talk times by hours, much more noise reduction, clarity, the blue light is MUCH smaller, it is easy to use. We have referred it to a few friends who now use it as well instead of the parrot

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Trucks today are allot quieter inside, Ive not had any Issue with the motorola other then battery life, I have to charge it sometime during the run, or day, Im thinking of getting the speakerphone unit, I dont mind the little ear piece but I think I would prefer the speakerphone.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have the BP Expressway, the only one I've ever owned. I can say folks can hear me with no problem as I hear them with no problem. Window down, big truck right outside my window, and no problem. Battery last forever.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I think the key is to have something with the mic boom on it...something where the mic is closer to your mouth than your ear...lol. (somebody may be able to correct my terminology...by mic boom, Im talking about the mic that is mounted on something that positions the mic close to the corner of your mouth...not sure what the correct term is)

The Blue Parrot is as far as I know the original builder of the long boom mic. Others have come into the market and Im sure some of them are good...I havent tried them simply because I have no need to. The Blue Parrot is as good as I could ever expect anything to be. In fact, if Im having problems carrying a conversation with somebody on the phone without the bluetooth, I have actually connected the Blue Parrot because I get better call quality with it than without it.

As far as Nick and Jenny having problems with Blue Parrot, I respect that if they say they had problems, they had problems. Personally, I used and abused a Blue Parrot for 3 or 4 years before Highway Star convinced me to try the BP Expressway. Its going on 2 or 3 years now and all Ive ever done with either unit is charge it when needed and use it and abuse it. The Expressway holds charge so well I forget that it actually needs charged. I charge it once or twice a week when I think about it. Neither unit has ever given me a moment of trouble.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I have a blue tiger deluxe and a blue parrot xt250 and they compare to me very close but the tiger feels more stable over the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk