Being a Lions Fan For A Day

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Monday night for the first time in my life I found myself cheering for the Lions. As a Dolphins fan I wanted the Lions to beat the Ravens thus putting the Dolphins a half a game ahead for the final playoff spot.
After watching the entire game and cheering for the Lions I was suddenly aware of what Lions fans go through most of the season.

This is not meant to be a knock on all you Lions fans. You now have my sincerest sympathy.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The Fish will do Okay.

Somebody deserves some credit to even be having this discussion this year.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Don't get me wrong, I have been a lions fan all my life. I look at it as great training for the expedite world.

First you hear all the hype and how good, but not the bad, the team will be in the preseason. Preseason in expedite is before you buy a truck and all you want to see is the good things while dismissing the negatives. (also like when you first fall in love)

Then the season starts thinking that this year might be the year they go to the promise land. For the first few months every load is new and exciting and you think this might be finally the profession that you have been looking for.

Then comes a week or two in to the season and one of the main players gets hurt and that's when you learn how good the bench is and you lose a game or two. This is like your first few months where you have a very bad week or two or you have mechanical issues causing you to be off the road. Did you plan well enough to handle these bumps in the road? Do you have enough bankroll to get you through these times?

By now you have reached the middle of the season and the record is even. Much like expediting by this time you should have a grasp of your averages and not getting overly excited about a great week but not depressed about a bad week.

Then you hit the home stretch of the season where a key win can get you into the play offs but conversely a loss may knock you out. Expediting is the same with your truck. If you have maintained it properly and built a nest egg you will be in good shape to get either a new truck for yourself or maybe to try your hand at being a fleet owner. But if you have not and you have a serious break down it may take you out of the game all together.

Then you hit the end of the year and as a lions fan you realize you won't be watching them in the Super bowl but they had a decent season and always hope for next year. With expediting that's when you realize your place in the business and know the ins and outs and decide that you are comfortable where you are and come on forums and try to give sage advice.

HOWEVER, you could also be the Jacksonville Jaguars of the world as they will probably be in a new city in a year or two. OR you could be the Patriots of the world and build a dynasty.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Unfortunately I live in the Jaguars TV market area. I get stuck with there games on TV instead of the Dolphins. (Not home often enough to buy Sunday ticket)

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Some people enjoy football as much as you enjoy hunting or fishing.

Does that make it important ?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Welcome to Buffalo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

If the O-line can keep Tannehill off the turf the Fins should win. He will probably pass the 4000 yard mark this season. How good will he be when he gets a real O-line?