bath in truck

garebel

Seasoned Expediter
have seen a few straight trucks on here lately with bath's and was wondering if the people who drive them feel as if it is worth the extra expense and trouble??--thank you in advance for any input! ga rebel

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
some love it nad some have turned their's into a closet for storage, I would like to have one. Time to get another can of lysol and hit the showers:D

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
we dont feel a shower is worth the weigh or space it takes up but there is alot to be said for a sink ans running water. sink baths are a good thing in between showers.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I agree that the sink is sufficient. Had a truck with a shower for ten weeks this summer. It had a toilet which was great to have. Never did shower in truck. There is enough time in expediting to grab a shower and parking is easy. If I were to return to car hauling or oversized loads I would want a shower. I think I'll finish my career doing expediting.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The team trucks we have now all have them except one. Just too handy nowadays. Kind of nice to actually have hot water in the truck as well for a variety of purposes.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I think having a shower in the truck is nice. Or I did, until pilot took all the drinking water out of the RV fuel island at the flying j's. It's too hard to find water now.

Work4free

Active Expediter
Have shower won't go without it........I like my assets clean when i hit the sheets.....worth the money, weight and time...added about 300lb with water in tank 50 gal. , hot wtr nice too. cost about 1500.00 extra. locating water is a problem....north of Ky. try super wal-mart gas, the back of the attendent booth has water outlet 99% time....or cruise the back of strip malls , back of most stores....i am always looking... once u get used to it its easy to find water.....

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Our truck has a shower and toilet. Never used the shower. Toilet only for emergency or early morning when to lazy to get dressed. Also as sink with hot water. Best truck I been in.

Sent from my DROIDX using EO Forums