Banquet

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Went to my first banquet this year. Had a nice time. Good food, good friends, good ceremony. Don't know if other expedite companies do this but I thought it was very nice.

I have worked at other companies that do this and its always nice to see how the company did in the past year and to hear first hand what their goals for the upcoming year are and to recognize acheivements of some.

I would like to thank all of those who put it together. I would name names but I don't want to leave anyone out. (you know who you are)

It was nice meeting the infamous Jack Berry and his lovely wife Gracie. Was hoping to see others there but I guess they were too busy making money.;)

I would encourage everyone to try and make it next year.

Last edited:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i was just one hard italian roll from a great beef sammich.

ken, maybe you should have been there to ask.

i have heard there used to be a bogie at 1500 lbs. is this the dime you are squawkin' about?

are you getting that dime for the over 48" loads you are getting?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
i was just one hard italian roll from a great beef sammich.

ken, maybe you should have been there to ask.

i have heard there used to be a bogie at 1500 lbs. is this the dime you are squawkin' about?

are you getting that dime for the over 48" loads you are getting?

No!! E-1 customers where .80 for CV's and NLM were .70 for CV's.

Sprinters is $1.00 and WAS $1.05..

then our PARTNER decided unilaterally to cut the rates without even consulting or notice to their best partner...US.

A lot of carriers prescribe to the partner claim...

So tell me what kind of partnership is it we have anyhow...must be one of them "limited" partnerships..where one takes and the other gives...That is what I am squawking about!

I wonder how much of a wage cut department heads took at the same time?

And really Jack..since you were signed on after we lost the dime..you don't really have a dog in this fight...

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Went to my first banquet this year. Had a nice time. Good food, good friends, good ceremony. Don't know if other expedite companies do this but I thought it was very nice.

I have worked at other companies that do this and its always nice to see how the company did in the past year and to hear first hand what their goals for the upcoming year are and to recognize acheivements of some.

I would like to thank all of those who put it together. I would name names but I don't want to leave anyone out. (you know who you are)

It was nice meeting the infamous Jack Berry and his lovely wife Gracie. Was hoping to see others there but I guess they were too busy making money.;)

I would encourage everyone to try and make it next year.

I've alwaqys wanted to make it there, but never have been close enough to attend. From the pics of past, it seems like a really good setup...and a good time for all.