Banned From The Soapbox Forum

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I tried replying to a thread in the Soapbox Forum but was unable to. The last post in each Soapbox Forum thread contained this line:
(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)

Now what did I do? Is this punishment for posting that Jesse Ventura wants to be Trump's running mate? I make up a lot of stupid stuff and post it, but the Ventura thing is the truth. Fox 9 reported it on the internet so...

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
I'm looking in to this issue... Sometimes the changes we make in other areas have some unintended consequences! :rolleyes:

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I have made less than flattering remarks about Obama(and his Missus), Bill Clinton(and his Missus). Al Gore, Eric Holder. Colin Powell, Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Robert Gates, Bradley Manning/Chelsea Manning, Bruce Jenner/Kait Jenner, Lois Lerner, Unplanned Parenthood, Bart Giamatti, SCOTUS, FLOTUS,POTUS, Duke University basketball, CNN, MSNBC, metrosexuals, homosexuals, ISIS, Radical Islam, decaffeinated coffee, urban blight, Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, Sprinters, all US states north of the Ohio River, fat people, old people, people who talk too fast and drive too slow, drivers who text, drivers reading a map across the steering wheel, the designated hitter rule, corrupt men and virtuous women.

The Soapbox is an essential playpen for the subconscious mind.

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Ok, with my limited tech skillz, I cannot seem to find the issue. So we will have to wait for the all-knowing Turtle to weigh in on the situation....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Xiggi's brilliant and insightful comment notwithstanding, a test setting was inadvertently left checked for those with Soapbox posting privileges. Anyone who lost their privileges to post in there should see them restored soon, certainly within the hour.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Is that how the barn door to the Moderators Forum got left open the other day ?
Yeah, it is. The details of the Manhattan Project got out, along with what Kim said about Caitlyn said about Kris in Vanity Fair. :yawn:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't know what that means. The only reason the Mod Forum exists is so the mods can discuss site changes, reported posts and how to deal with disruptive posters in a quiet setting and not have to deal with the cosmic background radiation noise from the peanut galleries. There's hardly anything secret or unique in there. Nothing in there that hasn't also been discussed or stated publicly. It's rather boring, actually.

Whenever someone reports a post, a new thread is generated by the report. The thread is "<Membername > has Reported a Post." With the body of the post often being "It's spam!" Which means the most prolific poster in the mod forum is... Ragman. :p

But that's good, though.

With the new software there's isn't a new thread started in the mod forum. Instead, the report is handled by a different system that essentially opens up a Trouble Ticket like you'd have with customer service or tech support. The issue is then either assigned to someone to handle or discussed and resolved. The progress and results are tracked so that things get resolved more quickly and efficiently, whether it's spam, a name-caller, or a batcrap crazy drama queen.

Reactions: Lawrence

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
No posting allowed in the soapbox could make for a good day on eo.

It could also be the beginning of the end of what once was a great site....If it bothers you, why should everyone else be banned from participating?