Baltimore Rioting, Looting OK According to Mayor

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Absolutely unbelievable, especially if you're a business owner in certain parts of Baltimore. This moronic woman should be recalled, but it probably won't happen in this city. Evidently the rights of regular citizens and business owners are secondary to those who feel the need to destroy property as their preferred method of "free speech", not to mention "peaceable assembly".:rolleyes: (Bold emphasis mine)
Baltimore mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake made a stunning admission Saturday in the aftermath of violent protests over the recent death of Freddie Gray, saying she wanted to give space to those “who wished to destroy.”...

“It’s a very delicate balancing act, because while we tried to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/26/b...e-space-to-those-who-wished-to-destroy-video/

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
This stuff will continue or get worse until police get a grip on how they arrest people. I don't know all the facts, but the cops screwed up big time on that arrest.

Reactions: witness23

paullud

Veteran Expediter
You just need to look closer at the things being thrown. It is official after all.

Attachments

• 1430169065937.jpg
    1430169065937.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 35

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Also need to look a little closer at the stuff the mayor actually said, especially when it's in the article linked, as she did not, in fact, say that the Baltimore rioting looting were "OK."

I do think it's kinda funny that if you do a Google search for "Baltimore mayor destroy" that the big hits, and the ones expressing outrage, are from right wing Blogs.

Any scintilla will be fine, we can work with it, thank you.

Reactions: Windsor

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Also need to look a little closer at the stuff the mayor actually said, especially when it's in the article linked, as she did not, in fact, say that the Baltimore rioting looting were "OK."

I do think it's kinda funny that if you do a Google search for "Baltimore mayor destroy" that the big hits, and the ones expressing outrage, are from right wing Blogs.

Just saw a couple of flashes on TV, politics aside, where are all these kids parents?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just saw a couple of flashes on TV, politics aside, where are all these kids parents?
As mad as everyone is about it, probably cheering them on. There are a lot of pissed off people, and you can't blame them. Imagine the shoe on the other foot, black majority and black cops killing white folks at will, and mostly getting away with it. Look at what's going on in Albuquerque.

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
This stuff will continue or get worse until police get a grip on how they arrest people. I don't know all the facts, but the cops screwed up big time on that arrest.

this is going on all over the country, it is insane. i have never seen as many rogue, renegade, cowboy cops, as are nowing showing up all over. just saying, when they do it to us old white guys, a lot of these old dudes like us will pull out their ak47, uzi, or old tommy guns, just saying.

keeping in mind, bad cops are no excuse to destroy others property, but this also happened in detroit, chicago, and all the big cities back in the sixties, too.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

She was probably hoping that leaving them alone would prevent further issues and to avoid the appearance of being heavy handed. That will more than likely allow the mob mentality to spread and anyone else that wants to take advantage of the situation will see the signal that it's go time.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
She was probably hoping that leaving them alone would prevent further issues and to avoid the appearance of being heavy handed. That will more than likely allow the mob mentality to spread and anyone else that wants to take advantage of the situation will see the signal that it's go time.
Agree. People can't be allowed to assault people and destroy property.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is the exact position the mayor of Detroit took in 1967. We see how that turned out.:mad:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As mad as everyone is about it, probably cheering them on. There are a lot of pissed off people, and you can't blame them. Imagine the shoe on the other foot, black majority and black cops killing white folks at will, and mostly getting away with it. Look at what's going on in Albuquerque.
Baltimore: black mayor, black police chief who stated the cops in the Gray arrest were not out of control. Black population of Baltimore is about 63%, Democrats control Baltimore and MD politics. Black people in Baltimore are not getting killed by white cops "at will". At some point reasonable people will get tired of anarchy by bored, unemployed barbarians.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baltimo...icers-freddie-gray-arrest-not-out-of-control/

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If it's not "at will" what would you call it? My definition of "at will" is the being conscious of a deliberate action, of being in control of one's actions. It's not like white cops are having an out-of-body experience or are unconscious, or are being forced to kill black people.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Baltimore: black mayor, black police chief who stated the cops in the Gray arrest were not out of control. Black population of Baltimore is about 63%, Democrats control Baltimore and MD politics. Black people in Baltimore are not getting killed by white cops "at will". At some point reasonable people will get tired of anarchy by bored, unemployed barbarians.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baltimo...icers-freddie-gray-arrest-not-out-of-control/
It's also a minority majority police dept.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, I didn't limit my comments solely to Baltimore, much less solely to this specific case. You did that for me. Nor is the reason for the protests and riots in Baltimore limited to what happened in Baltimore.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's also a minority majority police dept.
It's institutional racism. Obama didn't eliminate racism in this country by being president any more than black cops and black mayors eliminate racism in individual communities.