Bah humbug

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They do a lot of puns in their tweets, and this one, too, was meant to be funny. But when they realized the joke didn't "sleigh" anybody, they deleted it. Some jokes work, some don't.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They do a lot of puns in their tweets, and this one, too, was meant to be funny. But when they realized the joke didn't "sleigh" anybody, they deleted it. Some jokes work, some don't.
It possibly would have went over better if they would have used a similar word like Sledding instead of shredding. But people might not have understood the joke. Some people, myself included, didn't know this was meant as a joke either. It was almost like some overworked UPS worker went on the twitter account and vented about something that annoys them about their job; receiving children's letters addressed to the north pole.
But I didn't know that they previously used puns in their tweets so I'll plead ignorant on this.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, if you look at that one tweet by itself, it can look a little Grinchy.

Letter to Santa? Sure, we'll shred it!

That's funny.. In the context of being funny But standalone, it's not so funny.

Their Twitter feed is pretty creative and entertaining. But whoever is in charge of the Wendy's Twitter account should be the highest paid person in the company. It's epic.

Poor McDonald's. They try so hard, but they're the spaz that Wendy's and Burger King gives a wedgie to and stuffs into the locker.

Reactions: muttly