bad owner operator

expoditer67

Seasoned Expediter
if you want to drive for free go work for the owner out of juliet,il hes slow paying an doesnt go by the book and uses other company sighns to run under not his beware hes not like by the company hes hirring for to drive he lies an stall you when you mention about your pay :mad:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How many times are you going to post this? When are you going to learn basic punctuation so as to make your posts coherent and comprehensible? Every time you've posted about this you have received excellent advice, none of which you seem capable of properly evaluating and acting upon. By not taking any of the advice, and by continuing to post the same thing and in the same manner, you are making a strong case that it is you, rather than the owner, who has the problem.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thanks. I wouldn't have brought it up if others hadn't already commented to this user half a dozen times about it. A consistent display of such laziness makes one wonder if the same level of attention to detail doesn't permeate his business and business relationships.

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
How many times are you going to post this? When are you going to learn basic punctuation so as to make your posts coherent and comprehensible? Every time you've posted about this you have received excellent advice, none of which you seem capable of properly evaluating and acting upon. By not taking any of the advice, and by continuing to post the same thing and in the same manner, you are making a strong case that it is you, rather than the owner, who has the problem.

Turtle...this one I'll have to agree with you on! That's pretty bad!

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Greatpuncuationskillsyouseemtohaveturtle :D

Hmmmm... last time I posted such a critique like you and Turtle just did, a moderator stepped in and admonished me for it, deleted my equally valid post.

"I'm all for a double standard. It'd be a reduction in the number of standards in play."

And notice the OP, though having been corrected before, still doesn't know how to spell Joliet.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Thanks. I wouldn't have brought it up if others hadn't already commented to this user half a dozen times about it. A consistent display of such laziness makes one wonder if the same level of attention to detail doesn't permeate his business and business relationships.

I doubt it's laziness. More likely cognitive ability. Or past laziness, like in school.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmmm... last time I posted such a critique like you and Turtle just did, a moderator stepped in and admonished me for it, deleted my equally valid post.

"I'm all for a double standard. It'd be a reduction in the number of standards in play."

And notice the OP, though having been corrected before, still doesn't know how to spell Joliet.

I remember deleting a post of yours..... hindsight being 20/20, a bad call on my part...I apologize for that...

expoditer67

Seasoned Expediter
I was warning other potential drivers against this owner I don't still work for him. I am not a total idiot i can spell it's my typing skills that aren't the best. You know it's called free speech and I should be able to say what I want to as many times as I want to just as much as you do.

expoditer67

Seasoned Expediter
Turtle...this one I'll have to agree with you on! That's pretty bad!

I think it's sad that the so called advice you say i was given is just slamming how my spelling is and the fact that you have all this time to read posts of mine how are you actually making any money in the business if that is all you seem to have time for.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Free speech applies to the public square. I see this argument all the time. When will people realize it does not apply to publicly held locations like radio shows, web forums, the mall hallway etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I was warning other potential drivers against this owner I don't still work for him. I am not a total idiot i can spell it's my typing skills that aren't the best. You know it's called free speech and I should be able to say what I want to as many times as I want to just as much as you do.

Well, first, there's no free speech here. The speech here is only as free as the speech in your living room--you can insist that something not be discussed or your guest can get the #@$#!! out.
Otherwise, though there are still errors in your last post, it's good to see you made the effort to make it more readable. Sloppy writing that makes one appear uneducated detracts from your message. You certainly wouldn't trust a doctor or lawyer who wrote like that.
Remember that crazy senatorial candidate from North or South Carolina last time around, Alvin Greene (check him out on YouTube if you need a laugh)? I bet he wrote like your OP.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

First, I agree with others in that it's greatly appreciated that you've made an effort to improve the readability and coherence of your posts. No one thinks you're an idiot, because we all know just how hard it is to find the comma and period keys on a keyboard. And capital letter? Whoof those are tough.

Second, you should probably re-read the
Code of Conduct that you agreed to when signing on here. If you do, it will clear up your mistaken notions of free speech here, as well as the desire to say what you want as many times as you want (pay close attention to the section on SPAM).

8. Spamming is prohibited.
Spam is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic again and again or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users. Posts of this nature are not conducive to the community and are unwelcome. - Posting an identical topic in more than one forum is considered spam. - Sending any commercial message via the private message (PM) feature of the forum will also be considered as spamming.

===========================
A Note on Freedom of Speech
===========================
You have no freedom of speech in the forum. Period. This does not violate the 1st amendment. You are comparing apples and oranges if you think so. Let us give you a quick civics lesson for those who weren't paying attention in school.

Quote:
1st Amendment - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and
to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Notice that this amendment mentions the agreement that congress shall make no law prohibiting free speech. We are not the US government nor are we passing US legislation, hence we fall outside of this rule. This is a privately controlled forum and moderation may be used when necessary. We are not unlike any other private entity, and you are essentially a guest in our house. Your 'freedom' to post in this forum extends only as far as we say it does.

It's great that you want to warn others about an owner that you don't even drive for, but one thread about it is plenty. We're not idiots, either. Well, except when it comes to pee threads. We just luv those pee threads. Can't get enough of 'em.

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Just curious if not getting paid? Did you drop van in middle of nowhere? Did you actually read your contract if you signed one?

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app