4-Wheeling Back To Laredo : 4-Wheeling

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
There I was… two weeks and only making my second fuel up and only 25 loaded miles on my account…

Muncie, Indiana to Laredo, Texas. 1280 miles in 28 hours. I have that route down pretty well.

READ MORE...

flattop40

Expert Expediter
just curious as to what your exact route is. My Streets and Trips going through St. Louis, Canadian, and Jerrell puts it at 1364 miles. If you are only being paid for 1280 you are being ripped off 80 miles.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not if he's taken a longer route he prefers. I know several people that all would take different routes from Indy down because of personal preference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
how can you even figure it out?....Maybe it was door to door calculation?.....not zip to zip...Muncie/Laredo is really vague....I've had pickups supposed to be Anderson Ind that was actually closer to Muncie....

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Late to the conversation. It's been so long I don't recall all the details. The 1280 would have been my door to door miles according the the gps after the run, and the 1280 was probably rounded from a less even number. The route that results in 1364 miles is the line I follow. St Louis, Joplin, Wagoner, OK (US 69), Dallas... I was not under paid for the miles. Every load I compare and record the difference between dispatched and routing miles. Also, for counter intelligence reasons, my pick up locations are generalized.

eb

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Late to the conversation. It's been so long I don't recall all the details. The 1280 would have been my door to door miles according the the gps after the run, and the 1280 was probably rounded from a less even number. The route that results in 1364 miles is the line I follow. St Louis, Joplin, Wagoner, OK (US 69), Dallas... I was not under paid for the miles. Every load I compare and record the difference between dispatched and routing miles. Also, for counter intelligence reasons, my pick up locations are generalized.

eb

Is there a specific reason to avoid Arkansas? Every trip I've taken to Laredo, I've gone through Ark.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Most automatic routing goes through Arkansas. They seem to overlook route 69, a good diagonal route in Oklahoma.

Fuel is cheaper in Missouri, so I can manage a couple fillups going through.

When the diagonal route north and east out of Little Rock is finished, I have to reevaluate the route. Not enough of the town bypasses are complete.

I have family north of Dallas very close to route 75. No out of route miles for a quick stop.

And when trolling for freight I prefer the freight in Tulsa Oklahoma, Joplin, and Springfield, Missouri, compared to Little Rock and Memphis.

eb

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll have to look at 69. As far as fueling in Missouri, I agree. I usually stop at the J in Charleston, exit 12 on I57; it's always cheaper than fueling in Illinois.

I like Little Rock because Express does railroad work; I've had a couple good runs out of there.