Average Miles

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
As I am new on these boards, I am probably doing a REPEAT post and in the wrong place at that. I'm sure SOMEBODY will let me know that.

I am interested in knowing if any of you fine Cargo Van / Sprinter Van expedite drivers would mind sharing your average mileage from Jan - May. Especially like to hear from Panther drivers, though all would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help and EVEN for the abuse that I'm sure is forthcoming.
:)

guido4475

Not a Member
Awwwww, no one here would ever dream of abusing you! :D

As for miles, we're with Tri-State and I would say we are averaging between 2000 and 3000 miles a week. :rolleyes:
Your average- what is it based on? loaded or empty miles, or total miles.What percentage of deadhead do you have to get the load? what is your all mile pay average? amount of deductions? for what? monthly or weekly? Average weight per load?I get a kick out of some people when they leave a decent company to go somewhere else because a driver "said he runs 3,000 miles a week" and to find out 65% of those 3,000 miles were empty.Everyone, please do in-depth research before playing hop-scotch with companies.It will save you alot of money.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
He's got a pic in his sig of his butt, apparently. He deleted his post, and thus his sig.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Now I've always heard that Tri State doesn't give you long runs and keeps you in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio from the look of your runs you were all over the place!!!

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now I've always heard that Tri State doesn't give you long runs and keeps you in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio from the look of your runs you were all over the place!!!

Nope Tri-State will run Teams and Solo's all over 48 and Canada, But as a Solo you want to Try and stay close to those areas (Illinois, Michigan, Ohio)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some have a reading comprehension problem...

Question was to CARGO VAN/SPRINTERS!:rolleyes:

I hate
the straight!!:D

I am not saying because I don't want anyone coming over to my carrier either...I too am greedy...Why should I help anyone take my money...YOU are the competition!

Last edited:

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for the TWO that answered the question. Thank you EVEN to the straight truck. I wish someone in a van would reply with such an intelligent breakdown. :rolleyes:

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We are a straight truck team with Panther.

From Jan 1 to June 19

Pd DH miles 7069
Total DH miles 12541
Pd Loaded miles 39697
Total Loaded miles 38765
Total Pd miles 46764
Total miles 52030

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
You don't need mine again, do you?

No - yours was quite specific and helpful. That is kinda what I was looking for on here, but not much luck. It's not like I don't have a fairly good idea, I just wanted to see some other statistics for comparison sake.

Thanks again for all of your help.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Not with Panther but here goes anyways:

Loads: 46
Dead head to pickup: 3401 miles
Loaded Miles: 22720

Kinda low I know :cool: .... but then I was out of service for 55 days during that time period (Jan 1 - May 31)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
ok CV here...this info is as of yesterday....i stayout an avg of 20-33 days at a time. I have been out of service for my personal time and an accident with the truck that caused a 2 week down time, but the a total of 7 wks since the 1st of the yr. probably not great my industry norms, but enough to make others whine to our dispatchers:

63 trips

30208 loaded miles

3651 DH miles

I have no idea (because i don't keep track of it) how many empty mile moves that i take on my own after waiting for an avg of 36 hrs for a load, but i can tell you it would be 3-4 times as many as DH miles....i refuse to sit in one please too long, my choice.....

so, i know its not all the info some would want. but it is enough fo run my business and make a profit...hope it helps...