ATC freightliner Dallas

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just stopped by the Dealer on Irving Blvd today to find out they don't work on sprinters anymore. Was told by the service manager that Freightlinr won't be servicing them or have them for sale anymore. This was a decision that they made because MB is coming out with 2 new models and MB won't let Freightliner sale the new models with the Freightliner badge on the new ones.

Don't know if all Freightliner dealers are going this route, but anyone that has being going to dealers should check and see if this is the case around the country.

TNJenn

Active Expediter
This is the case in Tennessee and Georgia the new policy started January 1st. It definitely caused quite a bit of inconvience for us.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I had mine serviced at the one in Blaine (Minneapolis), MN the other day. The one in St Cloud didn't work on them, but they never did. Most former Dodge Sprinter dealers will still work on them, provided they still have the Sprinter tech. Otherwise it's Mercedes Benz for Sprinter-specific stuff. But there's a lot of repair and maintenance that you don't need the DRBIII Sprinter tool and a Sprinter mechanic for, that any competent mechanic can do. Water pumps, belts, hoses, tensioners, alternators, brakes, lots of stuff. They may not have the parts in stock, but you can get those in a day or two from NAPA or Europarts or Rock Auto.

Based on my own experience there, I wouldn't recommend Dallas Dodge. It'd be cheaper to tow it to Corsicana. :D

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Just check Freightliner of Chatt TN and they still sale and service sprinters. I would say also Knoxville TN is the same.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I just went pass the Freightliner of Chatt TN and didn't see any sprinters on the lot. Unless they moved them. I haven't been there in awhile since ive been in different places when my oil changes were due.

Reactions: Turtle

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I reached out to Freightliner about Sprinter sales and service, here's their reply

Hey, Kim. Thanks for reaching out. We are still and will continue to sell sprinters through the Freightliner channel and dealers, but not all dealers will carry or work on them. Let us know if you need any more info or help!