AT & T One Rate

G

Has anyone received a letter from AT & T Wireless saying if they live outside area service will be discontinued? Service is not available in my hometown (not big enough or whatever) When I signed up all that was required was an address within the wireless area. (I used a friend's address with the knowledge of ATT and my friend.) I was then allowed to make a change of address and continue my phone service. Apparently now this will exire on 10-1 if not actually living there. I NEED MY WIRELESS SERVICE!!
Help.

G

CJ don!t know where u live but we use Bell South Mobility for our cell phone, AT&T is not afriendly company and based on things they have done to me and other family members I wouldn!t pay them a dime..

G

I started with AT&T when my company offered it to me thru them. They were able to offer it to BCO's
because they are in Jacksonville FL, anAT&T service area. The phone number they gave me
was a Jacksonville local number and since my wife couldn't call me locally I went to Bell South Mobility.
They only offer dual band phones where AT&T's were tri band phones including PCS. but I was able to get a local number for my
wife to call now.AT&T's service was better and their coverage seemed better too. but I sacrifice that to be able to have my
wife get ahold of me without worrying about long distance charges

G

The same thing happe3ned to a friend of mine. They "gave" me
their phone with AT &T knowledge and then I signed up in Atlanta,
in my name and with my credit card. I will pay their bill and
they will repay me each month. Find a good friend!

G

Sadly, due to FCC anti-monopoly laws you can not have an AT&T One Rate phone if you do not live in a AT&T area. Beleive me they want you as a customer....you need to find a friend in a AT&T area and do a quick change of address. They will let you keep the phone.

The X

G

I AT&T FOR A LITTLE WHILE BUT I COULD NOT GET A SIGNAL IN VERY MANY PLACES SO I WEN'T TO GTE WIRELESS ONE RATE IT'S $ 95.00 A MONTH FOR 650 MIN. VOICE MAIL, CALLER ID, NO LONG DISTENCE CHARGE, NO ROME CHARGE, AND I GET A SIGNAL JUST ABOUT EVER WHERE I GO