Argosy Possibilities

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Phil,
Interesting to say the least but I would not buy one if I had the money. I think I could have Prevost build one like it for a better price and be new.

I wondered what happened to all the Argosy’s that JB had for sale and now gone and wondered what the people at FL were talking about some RV company hacking up Argosys to sell as toters, now I know.

Argosys seem to have increased in price lately for some reason but I have seen a bunch out here which surprises me.

The one thing I find interesting in a sense is the moving the engine/transmission to the mid section of a stretched frame. Outside of using the front of the cab, everything else is motor homish.

By the way, you do know that FL will sell you a ready to go frame for an RV (front engine or pusher) and an Argosy cab in white which I think would be a lot better than the ‘hot rod’ hack approach used here.

Are you an investor?

And before I forget, I was going to reply to your blog piece and wanted to add a few things to it, I found it interesting that you brought the subject up and explained it.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
When I view the coach, my mind goes not to RV but to expediter straight truck; a shorter coach up front and a freight box in back.

Regarding the blog piece, it disappeared without notice or explaination. I plan to repost it. Start a topic on blogging of your own if you wish. I can make my points there instead.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>When I view the coach, my mind goes not to RV but to
>expediter straight truck; a shorter coach up front and a
>freight box in back.

That came to mind too.

>Regarding the blog piece, it disappeared without notice or
>explaination. I plan to repost it. Start a topic on blogging
>of your own if you wish. I can make my points there instead.

I will let you do it, you have a better way explaining it.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It will be a few days for the blog post. We're busy now and heading into Canada where roaming charges apply. We stay offline then. Back to the original topic.

I believe the prototype truck was built on a used Argosy chassis. I think a new one now would be built on a new cab and chassis. It is a very intriguing concept. It reminds me of the custom cabover Glen Rice built years ago. For a photo of that, see:

http://www.expeditersonline.com/dcforum/DCForumID16/1727.html

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
looking at the black drawing reminds me of the nyc streamliners i have seen in pictures.the one i am thinking of was in maroon. still trying to find a pic.

Jack Berry

Packmule

Expert Expediter
I Like it!!!
I think it is a great rig for a SPORT Expeditor! Not really practical for the adverage bear who is out trying to scrape out a living in this industry.
What could Trick my truck do with one of those?

Danny