Are you worth your weight in gold?

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
Have you ever had a bad experience with a carrier that you quit?

Have you ever been held from money that was rightfully owed to you but too nervous to go back and fight for what was yours because you feared revenge by threats they would find out who you where working for and give you a bad referral or possibly stop you from gainful employment?

The only thing that will stop you from gainful employment is NOT the carrier that you quit but the paper trail that you leave behind.

I have have several dozen good people come through my door beaten and broke down from these :censoredsign: ass carriers that simply are in this game for themselves.

As a owner and I may or may not speak for other owners but we know when you come through our doors who these other carriers are and how they operate and I do not base my decision on what they report back to me. So screw them.

Go back, get what is rightfully yours, by law you are entitled to go back so far and request to see what the customer actually paid the your ex carrier and you will be happily surprised to see your probably owed more then what you thought.

Lets leave this for another day.

What I base my decision on is 1st impressions like cleanliness of equipment, years in the field, how many carriers in your career you have been with, driving record, PSP report, inspections, etc. I NEVER have based my decision solely on what any company says especially when I know what to expect because they are not creative enough to complain about the drivers its like they are using a template when they lose good people and they are butt sore about it.

Face it, as a driver or owner operator you are worth your weight in gold. At least to me. Without quality employees their is no quality service and you might as well own a trucking company that runs open board with broker freight to any where you can because consistency and quality is something they don't know how to provide.

Start holding these companies accountable. Go back, get your money, not only is it illegal but its immoral and their are state and federal laws that will hold carriers accountable. That's why lawyers exist.

Until we unite and hold these carriers accountable more families will lose everything while these bad carriers continue to give us all a bad rep and the good carriers continue to lose the opportunity of hiring great people that are a asset to our industry and our companies!

United you should stand, divided we continue to beat a dead horse.

Sent from my LGLS990 using EO Forums mobile app

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you the REAL John Clark ?
If so, I hope you do a seminar or two at next year's Expo.
I think you have a lot to say.

Or you're some troll that twists one up each morning and tells us what we want to hear.

Reactions: John Clark 46

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter

Or you're some troll that twists one up each morning and tells us what we want to hear.
Yes. Its me. Lmao. Thiers a few people on here that will confirm it. I think. Hahaha

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter

I really dont think anyone in their right mind should give me a microphone and a podium. Seriously, who knows what the hell will come out. I have too much to say!

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
Having too much to say is soooo much better when you know what you're talking about.
I appreciate the compliment but its just a opinion. And I appreciate this platform that allows us to all come together and share our opinions.

With that being said their are more intelligent people with more background, more knowledge and more time in the industry that can get the message out here in a less abrasive way.

Whatever happens just make sure no one gives me one of those poking sticks that I see OVM donating.

I did and still do want to do a seminar, always wanted to protect and educate and get my amazing opinions in front of people. Jk. Lol. But I will put this to bed now. If I get at least 30 likes on this post then I would actually do it. If EO didnt allow me too then I will do it next door in the Burger King parking lot! Lmao

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good info John. And thank you!

IHMO, your info and opinions are valuable. Personally, if this was my case, I would not have the time and money to fight it out.

In addition, stress, frustration and anger that
come during the process will certainly effect one's well-being. I'll take the karma and move on, Lol....

Really, what I would prefer to do is to take your information and come up with the preventive measures.

After having read your posts, it made me question myself..."Does my carrier thinks I am worth the weight of gold?" I will call and ask today, Lol....

Great post!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Luckily in all my years to my knowledge I've only had 1 carrier take advantage of me and that is before the courts now ... results yet to be determined ... I will not walk away from the issue .. I will do all I can to get what is owed..:) it's MY money...
poking sticks are my contribution to the business..:pokepoke:
John you should do a seminar at the Expo and givem hell.. and speak from the heart and no PC please :)

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
Luckily in all my years to my knowledge I've only had 1 carrier take advantage of me and that is before the courts now ... results yet to be determined ... I will not walk away from the issue .. I will do all I can to get what is owed..:) it's MY money...
John you should do a seminar at the Expo and givem hell.. and speak from the heart and no PC please :)
Sign a petition. Get it on the ballot. If I end up in Vegas as a headliner will you be my manager? And what in the hell is PC? Lol

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sign a petition. Get it on the ballot. If I end up in Vegas as a headliner will you be my manager? And what in the hell is PC? Lol

PC? apparently I haven't got it...just ask JE or SB....your buddies...:pokepoke:

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
PC? apparently I haven't got it...just ask JE or SB....your buddies...:pokepoke:
JE or SB, OVM no PC, me PC +? WTF?!

OVM I think you just tricked me into giving up the launch code for a nuclear missle attack on Kentucky.

I one thing learned long ago John..that friends are fleeting in this business...as long as one tows the company line you are safe on first...the home run comes from identifing and separating the dispatch staff from the money makers to the fluff...prime concern was identify and have a good working relationship with the money makers....CEO's not so much....;)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I personally would like to know what John's seminar subject would be. What could he teach us? I have a few of my own, but I'd like to hear it first from the OP and fans of the idea.

:pokepoke::pokepoke::pokepoke::pokepoke:

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
I personally would like to know what John's seminar subject would be. What could he teach us? I have a few of my own, but I'd like to hear it first from the OP and fans of the idea.

We all have a opinion and something to say. Thats why we are all here. I told everyone im not that guy theirs others here that are much wiser then me. It must be you. I say you do the seminar and I will just sit their and do a workshop on how to use chopsticks

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

We all have a opinion and something to say. Thats why we are all here. I told everyone im not that guy theirs others here that are much wiser then me. It must be you. I say you do the seminar and I will just sit their and do a workshop on how to use chopsticks

willie-wok-a-oh-you-use-chopsticks-at-panda-express-you-25117486.png