Are you guilty?

G

Are you guilty of incorrectly setting your safety triangles up?

This is a real beef of mine.......It seems whenever some drivers break down on the side of the highway (big truck or expeditor) they always set their safety triangles up incorrectly! This drives me nuts!!! What good does it do to have the triangles set up at your ICC bumper? They MUST be set up at least 100 ft BEFORE YOUR TRUCK -NOT AT YOUR TRUCK.

G

And I might add this. Not in a straight line, but rather on a angle from the side of the road, towards the left rear corner of the disabled vehicle. Of course a properly trained professional driver will all ready know this point, right? Jim Bunting.

G

I could never agree more with this.. Please set the triangles the correct way and be safe.

blondie

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This is nothing but laziness in its purest form. If a driver cannot muster up enough energy to set up triangles properly, as opposed to all three RIGHT BEHIND his/her truck, then don't bother even setting them up. We can see your flashers or reflectors by the time we see those triangles. It seems like it would be more dangerous to be standing out behind your truck for that meager effort to prevent an accident, than it would if you just skipped the triangles.

G

If you think that being a safe professional operator is equal to being a nazi, then you sure don't know anything about either military history, or truck driving. Jim Bunting...