Are You Enjoying Spring?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
As we drove through Saint Louis today I noticed that the grass is green and the trees have blossoms. That's good to see.

Expediting is easier in nice weather. The trucks are cleaner. You don't have to put on extra clothes to go outside. Roads get closed less frequently. It's always nice to leave winter in the rear view mirror.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As we drove through Saint Louis today I noticed that the grass is green and the trees have blossoms. That's good to see.

Expediting is easier in nice weather. The trucks are cleaner. You don't have to put on extra clothes to go outside. Roads get closed less frequently. It's always nice to leave winter in the rear view mirror.

LOL! Yeah, now we are going to be coated in bugs, face hours of delays caused by summer construction and have to dodge every tourist in the country who just put in a 8 hour work day and now is going to drive 20 hours straight to get to the beach for 36 hours of heavy drinking then speed back home all hung over. It is always nice to leave summer in the rear view mirror! :p

tbcabs

Seasoned Expediter
Spring..... I am sitting in Florida where it is 85 degrees and sunny.... Summer is here already.. Cant wait to get back out and cool off:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nothin like spring...the orange cones come out...lanes are closed and many back-ups going thru cities and even the open roads.. Last minute detours thru the ghettos at night....yeah spring is here....NOT where I live...another month to go yet...:D

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Left North Carolina at 3pm sunny and 86.Got too Maryland still warm but heavy rain,Deliverd in Toronto in am freezing cold and snow. I think we saw all four seasons in less than a 24 hour period.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Yes I'm enjoying spring...looking forward to those achey muscles from raking and cleaning up the winter debris. Little sprouts of green coming up from the bulbs and flowers. Trees with their buds have yet to show a leaf, but the bitter cold is gone and the April rains have started and most of the snow is melted.:)

Godwindaniel

Seasoned Expediter
While spring season I like to have long travel rather than driving, while traveling we can enjoy the season, nature climate, road, shy and more but while driving need to give more concentration than enjoying.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Spring???, Bah humbug!!!! 2 days after spring was official, we had to chain up on I-5 near Weed,CA.

First time ever having to chain in almost 9 years of expediting.

(those dang ice road truckers make it look easy :mad: )

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter

Well, it doesn't seem like many see things the same as you. But I do. I have noticed all the signs of spring and love it. Bring it on full force. Winter has been a hard one this year. I will sneeze a little, but blooming, thriving vegetation is nice to see. Happy clear warm trails to us all!

Last edited:

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Spring? Think I missed it. Going to be in the low 90's here in northern Fla..........Bring it on!! :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Spring? Think I missed it. Going to be in the low 90's here in northern Fla..........Bring it on!! :)

You can have that heat. There is just NO way possible to get comfortable when it is hot. At least when it gets cold I can always dress to stay warm. When it get hot there is NOTHING I can do to stay cool.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
You can tell it's spring because all the rest areas are full of motor homes and RV's. Do they really need to put the slide outs out, taking up two parking spots?