Are Brokers Doomed?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Aren't we simply replacing one type of broker for another? Instead of a phone call it's different tech .. but Convoy is the broker, correct?

Unfortunately I don't think it'll translate to higher wages for drivers or owner/ops. The shipper may see a cost reduction.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
technology simply becomes the broker. Rates will be the same essentially supply and demand, and drivers will make what the market can bear.
Just my penny in the pond :D

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
technology simply becomes the broker. Rates will be the same essentially supply and demand, and drivers will make what the market can bear.
Just my penny in the pond :D

So the technology companies creating the apps and software to find the loads take the big slice of the pie and pay the driver whatever current market rate is... this will be better in the end, less percentages to shave off the whole pay out. Look at the taxi industry for example...

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The only one vastly affected will be the brokers.

Good.

Do you actually think their piece of the pie will trickle down to the trucks? LOL

Pee in this cup.

Then what's the point of discussing this really. We have no clout to expect more if one of the players goes down. Some bigwig shysters will dive in like vultures to figure out a way to collect the winnings.

I was mocking the fact that the thought even entered your mind that a bigger share would trickle down to us. You agreed with your LOL, and the subsequent post.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Do you actually think their piece of the pie will trickle down to the trucks? LOL

Pee in this cup.

Then what's the point of discussing this really. We have no clout to expect more if one of the players goes down. Some bigwig shysters will dive in like vultures to figure out a way to collect the winnings.

I was mocking the fact that the thought even entered your mind that a bigger share would trickle down to us. You agreed with your LOL, and the subsequent post.
I know. My last post was basically talking to myself out loud. :crazy_pilot

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Guessing the robotic system won't be able to RIP you off like the broker can