APu/espar help

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
We have a tripac apu and espar heater. We have a separate dial control for the heater. If you have it on, and the apu kicks in, it kicks the espar off. We have tried setting the apu to heat, and then turning the espar on, same thing. Has anyone else ever had this happen or have any suggestions on how to remedy it?

BigCat

Expert Expediter
We have a tripac apu and espar heater. We have a separate dial control for the heater. If you have it on, and the apu kicks in, it kicks the espar off. We have tried setting the apu to heat, and then turning the espar on, same thing. Has anyone else ever had this happen or have any suggestions on how to remedy it?

You could have it rewired in to the tripac switch box to where it works off the thermostat and runs even when apu kicks in to charge batteries. That's how ours are wired up and I have had no problems with it.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would imagine that was done as a fuel saving option. Don't want both sucking fuel when heat is on. I bet there is an automatic switch in the system somewhere. I would call whomever installed it or try Brian over at Espar, he might have an idea.

Last edited: