Apple Cider & Acid Reflux

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Mixed reviews on using Apple Cider for acid reflux works for some and makes it worse for others.

I often add two tablespoons to my bottle of water and I have not had any problems. I started out with one tablespoon of apple cider and built up to two tablespoons.

I have not had any problem with acid reflux for a long time.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I used to have acid reflux all the time. A large bottle of antacids was my best friend. As soon as I dramatically cut back the carbs, especially the processed junk carbs, no more acid reflux. Magic.

Missie600

Active Expediter
We have started taking about an ounce (a shot glass) in about 6 ounces of water. I add a packet of Stevia. It is very tart and we have to hold our breath and gulp it down. It has been helping with arthritis pain. Gary can tell a difference if we run out or forget for some reason.

There are a myriad of things that ACV is good for. Google it. We also only use Braggs ACV which has the "mother" of vinegar.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I used to have acid reflux all the time. A large bottle of antacids was my best friend. As soon as I dramatically cut back the carbs, especially the processed junk carbs, no more acid reflux. Magic.

That is the best remedy.... I find that I have a problem with Acid Reflux when I do something stupid such as eat to much right before I go to bed...

Changing our eating habits is the best of any remedy of anything.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have to be very careful with intentionally ingesting vinegar. I already consume too much in the way of pickles, banana peppers, etc. Too much and it throws the bacteria balance out of whack. Excess gas and post nasal drip are my clues that I'm eating too much acid, especially vinegar.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Aren't apple cider and apple cider vinegar two distinctly different things? ac doesn't sound so bad.. anything vinegar sounds awful.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter

I have to agree with you. Cutting carbs is by far the best thing I have ever done. Acid reflux is gone, fatigue is greatly reduced, no joint pain, so much more energy and also the weight loss.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Aren't apple cider and apple cider vinegar two distinctly different things? ac doesn't sound so bad.. anything vinegar sounds awful.

I guess they're talking about vinegar :confused:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app