Anything new?

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I missed the C. call on saturday and was wondering if anything new was discussed.

Have they found a replacement for Bob?

Number of units?

giving us a raise?:eek: or at least some .80 and 1.05 again?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I missed the C. call on saturday and was wondering if anything new was discussed.

Have they found a replacement for Bob?

Number of units?

giving us a raise?:eek: or at least some .80 and 1.05 again?

Larry L. is adding safety to his portfolio...

didn't say anything about # of units...

While July was the best July ever according to our Prez Mr Curry....

NLM is now less then 20% of our business.

While volume is picking up load board prices still dictate 70 cent loads...as the marketplace improves and capacity drops....the .80 and 1.05 are still suspended BUT not gone...

Oh and the bug..that there can be multiple #1's is going to be investigated with the IT dept.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Larry L. is adding safety to his portfolio...

didn't say anything about # of units...

While July was the best July ever according to our Prez Mr Curry....

NLM is now less then 20% of our business.

While volume is picking up load board prices still dictate 70 cent loads...as the marketplace improves and capacity drops....the .80 and 1.05 are still suspended BUT not gone...

Oh and the bug..that there can be multiple #1's is going to be investigated with the IT dept.

Thanks for the info.... I can understand, from a business aspect, that Larry takes over Safety but worry that will over load his plate and that either his duties or safety starts to suffer. Guess only time will tell but I am sure Larry will give it his best effort.:D

IF, July was the best ever would that not in its self warrant the .80 and the 1.05?:eek: However, if the market in general is still saturated I can see his point. But, the difference between .70 and .80 may not seem like much but it is actually huge. It is 12.5% increase and can make or break for some drivers.

I guess all in all the fact that our doors are still open and I am getting paid to sit on my arse is a positive thing.:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It must really be hard for some especially for those getting less then 20mpg and a truck payment to sustain any margin at the 70 cent level....they can only push the vans so low...and it becomes a lose/lose situation.

I don't know how those Bolt drivers do it @ .50-.60 fsc +DH included on a constant basis...I guess thats why there seems to be a migration away from them.....