ANYONE tell me is it that Quite ?

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
i am wondering short & sweet is it really that quite that in the last month i have really been battling to even make enough to cover expenses out here and i never knew peanut butter sandwishes with cheese , or tomatoe or sardines or vegimite & peanut butter together could taste so well lol
but is it really that quite or am i just ending up in the wrong locations ?
wombat ..

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Went back into service 11/04 11:30 at the house, sat until sunday afternoon then got empty move to Plesant Hill N.C. sat there until 19:50 last nite, then Joe call's with empty move to Greensboro and still nothing...Starting to wonder myself not looking good.

OK got a big jar of peter pan peanut butter wally world got slice bread for 0.97 as for the vegimite only one location for that atlanta GA but the sardines available everywhere actually just been inside wow on special 1.20 a can so i broke piggy bank open bought 4 cans in soy oil lol
HAVE FUN !!

mss1963

Expert Expediter
OK got a big jar of peter pan peanut butter wally world got slice bread for 0.97 as for the vegimite only one location for that atlanta GA but the sardines available everywhere actually just been inside wow on special 1.20 a can so i broke piggy bank open bought 4 cans in soy oil lol
HAVE FUN !!

Well I just had Breakfest at Denny's yuk, But fridg in truck is full have enough in there to eat for a week or so,hopefully will get a load and not have to worry about eating!!!I have faith in Dispatch might just be at the wrong place at the wrong time.Keeping finger's crossed that they come thru with a good load.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Well I just had Breakfest at Denny's yuk, But fridg in truck is full have enough in there to eat for a week or so,hopefully will get a load and not have to worry about eating!!!I have faith in Dispatch might just be at the wrong place at the wrong time.Keeping finger's crossed that they come thru with a good load.

wow a full fridge ok where your sitting i can throw peter pan away and pack sardines away anything good in fridge lol ..
yes i do believe dispatch will come thru as well

mss1963

Expert Expediter

wow a full fridge ok where your sitting i can throw peter pan away and pack sardines away anything good in fridge lol ..
yes i do believe dispatch will come thru as well

Flying J Haw River N.C.!!turkey,ham,roast beef,chicken.Soda,unsweet tea,mac salad,2 types of potato salad,chip's,pudding cup's and cheese&cracker's and peanut butter&crackers.Just looked on-line there is 9 lg straight's in area,plus there is 5 cargo van's sitting here @J. 39 expediter's in 50 mile radious and only 1 under a load...Not looking good.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
2 weeks ago, i was slow...last week, 6 load offers 5 runs, good miles and pay...nothing since Fri night....and 2 empty moves...currently sitting at the "J" in Hubbard Oh off I-80....

No rhymm nor reason to this business..and it can turn good or bad on 1 run...such is life...but I'd rather be waiting on Load 1 dispatch to get me a load then any other carrier....:)

Maybe tommorow is the day the week starts....

Black Sheep

Expert Expediter
I don't often post but I do look in every day to see what everyone is saying / thinking. Here's something we can do as a team effort, especially those drivers coming from other carriers: if you've ever thought "I used to pick up loads from (fill in the blank) all the time when I was in a certain area, let me know BY PM ONLY who that account was if it was in the Southeast; or send an email to our sales mgr in Taylor. There are lots of accounts that can be brought on board quickly, especially the smaller or medium sized ones where we don't have to jump through a lot of corporate hoops. Sharing information like this will go a long way toward eliminating these "black holes" that drivers often have to deadhead out of.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I don't often post but I do look in every day to see what everyone is saying / thinking. Here's something we can do as a team effort, especially those drivers coming from other carriers: if you've ever thought "I used to pick up loads from (fill in the blank) all the time when I was in a certain area, let me know BY PM ONLY who that account was if it was in the Southeast; or send an email to our sales mgr in Taylor. There are lots of accounts that can be brought on board quickly, especially the smaller or medium sized ones where we don't have to jump through a lot of corporate hoops. Sharing information like this will go a long way toward eliminating these "black holes" that drivers often have to deadhead out of.
That would be a smart move, but who are you? I see most of your previous posts have been in the soapbox???

Black Sheep

Expert Expediter
I've been in sales/marketing over the years (25 to be exact) with a couple of the larger expediters, but also have experience behind the wheel in cargo van and st truck, have Class A CDL. I don't go the Soapbox any more, guess I'm just too sensitive.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I've been in sales/marketing over the years (25 to be exact) with a couple of the larger expediters, but also have experience behind the wheel in cargo van and st truck, have Class A CDL. I don't go the Soapbox any more, guess I'm just too sensitive.

So you're in sales with Load one now? I do think John should introduce you and I'm sure the cooperation would flow.

John????

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

I'll work on that - good idea. [Far as I'm concerned, the less NLM/UAW, the better!] :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
i am wondering short & sweet is it really that quite that in the last month i have really been battling to even make enough to cover expenses out here and i never knew peanut butter sandwishes with cheese , or tomatoe or sardines or vegimite & peanut butter together could taste so well lol
but is it really that quite or am i just ending up in the wrong locations ?
wombat ..

It happens, Pete. Sometimes what was the right location last time is dead this time - it makes it hard, but I have faith in dispatch to pull us through.
My fridge is full - if we cross paths, I promise to share, long as you promise to keep the Vegemite [whatever it is] to yourself, lol. ;)

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
but ok i will drop these names off next time in taylor .

By the way little sleepy warren pa a great quite little town hang on city they tell me if you want a shower buzz me on the phone i will give you address of the house plenty of parking near it heck if your there right time pam might be cooking her hamburger & peppers in the oven or her lasagna better than any truckstop .
but do not go across hickory street bridge local police will ticket you but GPS sends you this way into warren pa must use ludlow exit only !! unless your a sprinter or cargo

Last edited: