Anyone need slush busters

briggie1

Seasoned Expediter
I was at an auction and they had a case of slush busters. I bought the case. They will be $12. If anyone needs any pm me

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
They work great.. Last year I had a problem with the wiper arm stripping out the grooves and was left with freightliner not being able to replace arm with the exact one. In order to replace arm I had to buy another style arm and remove the keyway. Not say these slush buster caused this but I have no other reason to believe it didn't either.. I religiously and manually move the wipers when frozen in place as muchbas possible.. Wish I had enough faith in them to use them again but with no replacement parts from freightliner..I am gunshy. They do work good.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Did you get proper replacements? I think our trucks are alike??

Yes bought new arms and they came with washer jets got them at Youngs fl in Columbus one rainy day they work great now the springs were shot and had little pressure on the windows don't forget they are different from left to right also. Brilliant engineering job!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Yep went the routine with freightliner.. There tech shop even said only repair is to change entire wiper transmission due to a change in vendors.. Or remove keyway .

Skyline

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine split open two years ago and I had to put a hose clamp around it next to the road in the rain. I am slightly embarrassed to say that it is still there, but it works perfectly!

Attachments

• 1414758649902.jpg
    1414758649902.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 42

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Mine split open two years ago and I had to put a hose clamp around it next to the road in the rain. I am slightly embarrassed to say that it is still there, but it works perfectly!

That there is a preety good tactical repair :cool:
I went with a 2 part epoxy that didnt hold to long but did get me home.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter

My M2's driver's side stripped out due to ice freeze up. FL told me as well need complete assembly. Tried JB Weld, nope. Then I drilled a small hole thru the arm and into the wiper shaft, tapped it out and put a screw in. Worried it wouldn't hold i bought a used assembly for $30 on ebay. That was some years ago, the screw is still working and the used part hangs on the wall in my garage.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've never had a need for them in all my years....DeIcer works great and window defroster as well....that and a good set of winter blades....