Anyone ever changed a seat in a ford e350?

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
Im trying to find out a seat that will work in my van. The one in there is killing my back. I m thinking like a nice truck seat of some kind

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have an Oregon Aero 2" Portable Seat Cushion and the Full Back Cushion (which comes with the lumbar support). Hands down, no question about it, the best money I've spent for anything in the Sprinter. There are a few others here who have the same cushions. Hopefully they'll chime in with their thoughts.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Just about any conversion van seat manufacturer is going to have the proper mount for your van.

Or, go to your local salvage yard and test a few out. Find a Ford conversion van and test the seat out for comfort. Like it? Pull it and buy it. It's just held on by 4 bolts to the floor. Be sure to unplug the wiring harness so as not to damage the belt tensioner.

One word to the wise if your van has a bulkhead or wall behind your seat. Find a seat with a tin back rest. The fatter it is, the closer to the wheel you get ;)

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ok a couple of things...if the seat isn't broken down from hundreds of thousands of miles, the OregonAire cushion that turtle recommended IS WORTH THE INVESTMENT...it works.....before id buy a seat, idbuy one 1st..even if you still end up with a new seat, the cushion is still a great investment.

as for a Van conversion seat...they are NOT the best of quality as far as the closed cell form they use..it will break down over time...mine lasted about 2 yrs....as far as the mounts, seats are made to fit anything and have multiple slots and holes for the mounts to attach to the base of the seat and then the van base...every factory seat i have replaced (3) i have taken the mounts from the old seat off and installed them on the new seat making sure they were in the proper spot on the seat so they matched up with the base in the truck. also make sure that you adjust the length of the "seat adjustment (back and forth) cable, its no fun to do after the seat is in...

So with all of that, Id still buy the Oregon Aire cushion 1st.....you wont regret it.....