Anybody Know Anything About "Hydrogen Add-Ons"

The Gibster

Expert Expediter
Fifth Wheel Truck Stops in Canada have a brochure about a 'Hydrogen Splitter' type add-on; indicate more power and better mileage. Supossidly you only add water to a canister, it does the rest.

The week after we saw the brochure a local shop owner in Atlanta called and kinda mentioned using our truck as a test bed for one, he is being eyed as the first U.S. Dealer. Retail is about 12K.

The theory sounds valid, but so did snake oil out of the back of a wagon in Boot Hill way back when.

Anybody know anything about this technology?

Thanks!

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
The theory works. It would be like propane injection. But 12K?? That is a LOT of money for something if you do some digging on the net you can make out of hardware store parts and 12 volts. All it takes is electrical current flowing through the water to get it to sperate. I am not sure what they are doing to make it worth 12K

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
This technology has been used on large generators.....like hospital backup systems. I am not sure this would work in a truck application.
And as mentioned, I would think this would void any type of warranty.
Davekc

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I am doing my best to look at this Rise in Fuel Prices that this is going to be better for all of us in the long run. How? There is a Billion dollars for someone out there to manufacture in mass an affordable vehicle with alternative power source that has the HP as a gas engine.

Honda Accord Hybird V-6 I believe 300HP. The long term increase in fuel will force people to rethink and manufactures to reinvent the wheel. Now I am not saying Diesel Engines can run this way but what if 30-40% of our auto fleet in the US did this and ALL trucks had APUs.

I know people want there big S U B U R B A N S and look at me I am cooler than you H U M M E R S which personally I for the life of me do not understand (my personal view point) your entitled to yours. Just a waste of a driveway since they do not fit into a garage. And so expesnsive for what? Materilism. But if US consumers would wise up we could cut our demand I would bet in half. Until than I know Materilism controls the markets. Someone somewhere is working on this and I sure would like to be invested when this hits the markets.
So if you carry a top secret load knowing of this tech than you can private E-mail me I will keep this between us, OK.

pitchman

Expert Expediter
>I am doing my best to look at this Rise in Fuel Prices that
>this is going to be better for all of us in the long run.
>How? There is a Billion dollars for someone out there to
>manufacture in mass an affordable vehicle with alternative
>power source that has the HP as a gas engine.
>
>Honda Accord Hybird V-6 I believe 300HP. The long term
>increase in fuel will force people to rethink and
>manufactures to reinvent the wheel. Now I am not saying
>Diesel Engines can run this way but what if 30-40% of our
>auto fleet in the US did this and ALL trucks had APUs.
>
>I know people want there big S U B U R B A N S and look at
>me I am cooler than you H U M M E R S which personally I for
>the life of me do not understand (my personal view point)
>your entitled to yours. Just a waste of a driveway since
>they do not fit into a garage. And so expesnsive for what?
>Materilism. But if US consumers would wise up we could cut
>our demand I would bet in half. Until than I know
>Materilism controls the markets. Someone somewhere is
>working on this and I sure would like to be invested when
>this hits the markets.
>So if you carry a top secret load knowing of this tech than
>you can private E-mail me I will keep this between us, OK.

I'm not sure materialism is why people buy big vehicles. In my case, with a family of 9, a Yukon XL was a necessity. However, I can honestly say it would have been a no brainer to by this vehicle if it was available as a hybrid. I have spent the last several years waiting for the hydrogen cars to begin to hit the market but unfortunately, there is way to much money for the fat-cats to lose if they are ever manufactured.

We are a society of greed and dispite what is best for the people, economy, environment etc. the politicians, lobbyists and special interest groups will make absolutely sure we never see a truly efficient and affordable transportation solution.

If you're interested in investing in a secret technology, I am working on an anti-gravity vehicle that actually propels and directs itself by opposing the forces of earths own gravity. Very hush-hush stuff... I can let you in on the ground floor for.... say... a 6-pack and some tacos?

The Gibster

Expert Expediter
"If you're interested in investing in a secret technology, I am working on an anti-gravity vehicle that actually propels and directs itself by opposing the forces of earths own gravity. Very hush-hush stuff... I can let you in on the ground floor for.... say... a 6-pack and some tacos? "

I'm in if it'll help me grow hair. Hard or soft tacos?:p