Anybody have the Bose Ride System II?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just saw a video and I was impressed, I hear they cost $6000!

I honestly don't think I can take anymore long hauls until I change my seats :D

We need to start a group buy on here soon looks like the prices gets cut in half with larger quantities.

"Volvo versions of the Bose Ride system II will be available in new Volvo trucks later this spring. For fleets purchasing 100 or more systems from Bose, the per-unit price is $2,995 plus delivery and installation. Pricing for 10 to 99 units is $3,695 plus delivery and installation.Feb 16, 2015"

Less vibration is the key to stamina on the long hauls.

Bose Ride system | Heavy-duty truck suspension seat | Driver value

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You can order the Bose seat when you order a new Freightliner. Jeff Clark one of the Team Run Smart Pro's has been using one for over a year and really likes the ride. I think the $6000 figure is a little high.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
You can order the Bose seat when you order a new Freightliner. Jeff Clark one of the Team Run Smart Pro's has been using one for over a year and really likes the ride. I think the $6000 figure is a little high.

Forreal $6000 is a half decent car, new hardwood flooring, a roof, windows, new hvac system, a crap home theater, a semi major truck repair, nice vacation, so in other words a super long list

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Someone that has back trouble and an older truck that rides like a tank can extend their driving career by years with the right seat. Cheaper then buying a new truck if you are only wanting to drive another five or six years.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just gotta hit somebody up that has a fleet account entice them with a nice lunch and see if they will pick you up one for the $2995! :D

Reactions: KickStarter6

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Thinking of buying a 2012/13 VNM 630 this spring, cheaper then a 2015/16 Sprinter. Would be my first!

I'm a company driver so I'm in a whole different boat than ops. But my first truck was a well worn 670 with 450k and during my 6 months with only managed 32k miles I think(I was a student/rookie driver). It was constantly having some problem with a leveling sensor, had the def injector go bad but that was the only major thing that happen. If you go Volvo a D13 with I-shift is a solid opinion. It's what my current truck has and it's a dream, just like a automatic in a normal pickup. Backs smoothly. Don't have a salesman try to get you to turn the turn up if it's the base 400hp engine cause I've hauled 47k with my truck on 2 occasions, it's slow going up hills but it'll go

Reactions: T270_Dreamin

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would think if you had a 22 ft box instead of a 53 it would climb the hills better. D13 much more Hp then the D11. Definitely only considering ishift. I've seen a good bit of semi's passing me out west when I cruise 70 in my Sprinter and I'd say half or more of them are the Volvo and Cascadia trucks cruising 3-5 mph faster.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thinking of buying a 2012/13 VNM 630 this spring, cheaper then a 2015/16 Sprinter. Would be my first!

I'm a company driver so I'm in a whole different boat than ops. But my first truck was a well worn 670 with 450k and during my 6 months with only managed 32k miles I think(I was a student/rookie driver). It was constantly having some problem with a leveling sensor, had the def injector go bad but that was the only major thing that happen. If you go Volvo a D13 with I-shift is a solid opinion. It's what my current truck has and it's a dream, just like a automatic in a normal pickup. Backs smoothly. Don't have a salesman try to get you to turn the turn up if it's the base 400hp engine cause I've hauled 47k with my truck on 2 occasions, it's slow going up hills but it'll go

That's what emergency flashers are for.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I would think if you had a 22 ft box instead of a 53 it would climb the hills better. D13 much more Hp then the D11. Definitely only considering ishift. I've seen a good bit of semi's passing me out west when I cruise 70 in my Sprinter and I'd say half or more of them are the Volvo and Cascadia trucks cruising 3-5 mph faster.

D13 is nice I have no complaints in my 100k or so miles I've had with the engine. Why the mid roof 640 or whatever it's called?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

D13 is nice I have no complaints in my 100k or so miles I've had with the engine. Why the mid roof 640 or whatever it's called?

I'm sure it is comfortable and quiet? VNM 630 going for turning radius and fuel economy.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I'm sure it is comfortable and quiet? VNM 630 going for turning radius and fuel economy.

It's certainly quieter than isx cummins my first Volvo had. Doesn't sound as good imo when you can hear it but it is quieter. Is the 630 and 670 same size but mid roof/high top?