Anybody finding any Ice anywhere???

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Just kinda wondering if any of you are in the ice? Let us know what it's like.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I shut down Saturday night in a rest area south of Cedar Rapids because of freezing rain. It let up and the salt trucks were out about 3 hours later. I hit the road again and made it about 70 miles and decided to call it a night and went to bed.

More freezing rain Sunday morning north of St. Louis. Got a load out of Southern Missouri Monday afternoon and beat the freezing rain to Chicago. Sitting out between Chicago and Rockford at Hampshire. It has been raining all day with slush building up in the parking lots. Will probably get slick tonight when the temperature drops.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have heard horror stories about I-44 between Springfield and Oklahoma City. I'm happy to be where I am.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
We don't have anybody out now, till after the New Years, but just figgured someone would like some real time info.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Well, the coast is clear down here in Orlando.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
We came through Iowa City last Tues 3Am looked like a ##### war zone (6hrs 200 miles) but have been lucky since then...
We are in FT Worth right now and were just offered a run to ND guess we will have to sit a little longer.
Mike

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Now a REAL expediter would jump at the chance to go from Ft Worth to ND in December. What's a little ice and snow. Of course I would never go above I 40 in the winter but thats OK.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
>Now a REAL expediter would jump at the chance to go from Ft
>Worth to ND in December. What's a little ice and snow. Of
>course I would never go above I 40 in the winter but thats
>OK.
Heard you I did but not sure how Gallup is right now either..
I'm not really scared of the sow and ice as I am lack of freight
+rate= dhead to MN...

Mike and Cyn

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Thursday I musta went thru the end of the first icing in No MO and IA. WI was clear, for the most part. Last night, had a little sleet in Chicago, and lotsa rain and fog in IN. By the time I got near the KY border around noon, I had the AC turned on low! Glad I turned down Chicago to Jersey, as I heard PA had freezing rain in the mts. Not to mention tolls from start to finish. :7

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
As of 2100,i294 around South Holland I.L is wet and the temp is 34.If that temp drops and the standing water frezzes watch out.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Hey Hawk, MO, IA, WI, IL, IN, KY in a couple days?? Happy to read you are turning the wheels these days.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
75 degrees outside. Where is there ice?

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Dave,

Are you wintering in FL?

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Actually slowed down a lot since the first week of Nov. Avging a load a week since (one week with two). Hopefully I'll get a couple hits this week, as I started out with a good load.

You sound cheery lately, Col. The Keys doin ya some good? :)

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yes....warm in the SE.
Santa don't need skis on the sled, he needs pontoons.

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
Well lets see. I dont think San Antonio/Dallas/El Paso/Houston/Austin Tx has had any bad weather the week and more that i have been down here. I'm actually glad me have stayed down here because of that stuff. Snow doesnt bother me. Ice does. I hate to say this, but i had to run the A/C a few times...

I can say that durring my x-mas break i will enjoy going up to Cedar Rapids/Iowa City but hopfuly there will be snow since i cant find a pair of Ice Skates to fit a size 16 foot. :+

Also all you fedex people up in the ice places are missing the meeting down here in Houston. I think i counted about 5-6 FXCC sitting around down here. I wonder why...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I dropped off a load just outside Tulsa Saturday morning and contemplated sitting it out right there. But as the weather started moving in a little after midnight it became clear that Tulsa was starting to look like ground zero for that mess. I scooted on down to Dallas then got a 2AM Monday morning pickup from Garland to Laredo. Figured if I was gonna sit, 85 degrees was as good a place as any. :)

When I podded out and rolled into the J there were only 21 vans in the lot, 9 of them from Panther. Practically deserted. <giggle>

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
we were just there in Laredo Monday and got back out Tuesday loaded...to Iowa. Didn't see a P2 Sprinter except one loner up at the Welcome Centre! Alot of P2 vans though....